Little mods for my car?

CVR98GT

Audiophile Poster
Established Member
Can anything be done to improve acceleration without buying any parts...ie removing useless crap...?

nastygt

Officially Crazy
Established Member
There's weight mods you could do like remove the backseat and jack and I've heard about something with the sway bar. Other then that I don't know of anything else.

dalamar_96

Established Member
Ya removing weight is one thing.
You can cut off the rubber tube that extends into the fenderwell off your filter box.
cut it on a 45 degree angle- the end has a taper to it.
anything substantial takes parts...

CY98Cobra

Established Member
You can remove the back seat, spare and jack, passenger seat, sound deadening under the carpet, trunk lining, front swaybar (allows better weight transfer), differential weight, side impact beams from the doors, etc. Alot of this you wouldn't want to remove for a daily driver but it will help while you're at the track. And you can also just take the air silencer completely out, no need to cut it. It gains very little if any though.

Oh, take the screen out from in front of the maf. It will help make power also. Beware, it does make the car run leaner though.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
You can remove the back seat, spare and jack, passenger seat, sound deadening under the carpet, trunk lining, front swaybar (allows better weight transfer), differential weight, side impact beams from the doors, etc. Alot of this you wouldn't want to remove for a daily driver but it will help while you're at the track. And you can also just take the air silencer completely out, no need to cut it. It gains very little if any though.

Oh, take the screen out from in front of the maf. It will help make power also. Beware, it does make the car run leaner though.

First page of "How to get a stock 98 GT into the 13's." :D

Users who are viewing this thread