Little Interior Bling

ViciousJay

Established Member
Got to work this morning for half a day and found a little box on my chair... opened it up and found a little suprise :beer:

photorba.jpg

AmnDucky

Established Member
Mine just came in yesterday also :banana:. Do you have a 401A GT? Because I got the same spacer thing as you, and it's too big. I made it work, but I think I'm gonna buy the other one.

2011-03-24_23-16-46_679.jpg

ViciousJay

Established Member
Mine just came in yesterday also :banana:. Do you have a 401A GT? Because I got the same spacer thing as you, and it's too big. I made it work, but I think I'm gonna buy the other one.

no i have the 400A

Last edited:

SVT_4_me

Established Member

i have the same interior as you, and i bought the other adapter. my shift boot has the chrome ring at the top, and the adapter was too long. it made the shifter stick up way too tall... so, i cut it down and it turned out pretty good. here is a couple pics of mine...

062.gif

060.gif

AmnDucky

Established Member
i have the same interior as you, and i bought the other adapter. my shift boot has the chrome ring at the top, and the adapter was too long. it made the shifter stick up way too tall... so, i cut it down and it turned out pretty good. here is a couple pics of mine...

062.gif

060.gif

Did you try removing the chrome ring? It just pops out with a fingernail.

AmnDucky

Established Member
yeah, but with the adapter that i bought it doesn't look right when you remove it...

Gah, I was afraid of that. I don't know what I want to do now :(. Keep the umbrella looking adapter that looks ok, get the other adapter that apparently doesn't look right with the chrome ring removed, or get the other adapter and try to cut it down. How did you get the length right so that the knob stayed aligned? Or did you just wrench the adapter against the knob as a jam nut?

SVT_4_me

Established Member
Gah, I was afraid of that. I don't know what I want to do now :(. Keep the umbrella looking adapter that looks ok, get the other adapter that apparently doesn't look right with the chrome ring removed, or get the other adapter and try to cut it down. How did you get the length right so that the knob stayed aligned? Or did you just wrench the adapter against the knob as a jam nut?

i cut it with a hacksaw, and then like you said wrenched it back against the knob like a jam nut...

pain the chrome ring black

no thanks... i think it looks good and it matches the other chrome pieces.

hand-filer

Established Member

Send the wrong one back and tell them your shifter boot has the chrome ring.
They will send you the correct one.

AmnDucky

Established Member
Send the wrong one back and tell them your shifter boot has the chrome ring.
They will send you the correct one.

That would be great, but SVT_4_me makes it sound like the other option isn't much better. I think I'll try to get mine to work, maybe some cutting.

Users who are viewing this thread