Little info please

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Just got an 03 cobra and I have not gotten on it yet but I have a little question. I saw fluid on my exhaust today. I took it to a shop and the said it is oil from the rear end. It looks like it was leaking from the bottom bolt. They think the gasket needs to be replaced. They said they wouldn't worry about it because they don't think it is worth the hassle. I haven't noticed fluid on the driveway but I don't remember seeing the fluid on the exhaust before. They said it prob just happens when I drive and it just drys on the exhaust and that is the reason I haven't seen it on the driveway. Has anybody heard of this happening? This has got me real worried!!!! I have driven it a couple of miles since they wiped it down and don't see it leaking now but I don't know how long that will last. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
It is not uncommon for the rears on these cars to leak. You have to drop the diff to reseal the cover the right way. For now check the level to make sure it isn't low on gear oil.

Users who are viewing this thread