little highway fun

91frppgt

Banned
i raced a ls2 gto, i believe. it had dual exhaust like a ls2 model, didn't get a good look at the hood to see if it had the newer hood on it (5 in the morning). First time we went from a 70 or so and i jumped out almost a car lenght and we stayed that way till 100 or so then i let out. The 2nd race we went from 45/50ish and i jumped out maybe a car and a half and we stayed that way. pretty cool guy, we gave each other thumbs up! i don't believe there was anything done to the car, it might of been lowered. It was auto too.

anyone know what a auto ls2 gto runs stock?

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
They run low 12's, well alot of them do. I guess it depends on what track and where it is. I have seen alot of time slips where the stock auto LS2's are running quicker ET.s than the 6speeds. I imagine because the IRS makes it harder to get a quicker time in a manual. What car were you in? The 07 in your sig, or your "5 oh".

91frppgt

Banned
out here at houston raceway park, i've seen alot of auto ls1 gto's not break 14's and ls2 gto's barely dippin in the 13's. i'm assuming the ls2's bad driver mods and weight.

i'm no gm junky, so this is why i'm asking. i'm pretty sure the car i raced was bone stock. i trap around 106-107 in the quarter fyi...

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I've never seen a stock LS2 GTO run low 12's, I know a chick that traded her auto LS1 T/A for a LS2 GTO, talked all kinds of shit to me at the track, all she got was butt hurt when I even missed a gear and still raped her. O it was slightly modded to

98NATA

Established Member
Its not really uncommon for them to hit high 12's stock as long as they can drive, they are stronger than 05+ mustangs on average but i guess not this time

Users who are viewing this thread