Little help?

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
So I got a rock up into my intercooler -

20130717_084651_resized.jpg

20130717_084502.jpg

I believe that to be the supercharger inter cooler? Am I correct? I've been quoted $1700 for this part, but the highest I've seen it online is $989. Is this the same part?

Ford Racing Performance Mustang Intercooler (07-14 GT500) M-6775-MSVT - Free Shipping!

I feel like I'm getting screwed, and I'm waiting for a parts coordinator to call me back. Am I missing something? Please, any thoughts?

EDIT: I have a 2014 with track pack and pretty much every upgrade except glass roof and stereo. And, can I drive it out of there without hurting the car?

Last edited:

Mxfrench

Established Member
I have had this happen and yeah it sux bought Vans part and had my guys in the shop put it on. Seems to work as good imo.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Well, here's what I've learned. The upgraded heat exchanger is actually cheaper than the oem part from Ford. Dude at my local Ford said he tried warranty and it was a no go. When I talked to them about the part cost($1700) they said the best they could do was $1600. The most expensive upgraded part I saw was from Shelby American (I'm pretty sure) at $1300. Most of the dual fan exchanger seem to be right around $800. Ford guy actually said an upgraded dual fan exchanger might affect my warranty.
I've spoken to Van multiple times over the last two days and he's got me hooked up big time. If he want's to go into specifics he can but I'm also getting some upgraded handling parts, some hood struts, and the oem heat exchanger. Things are working out in my favor, I'm getting considerably more for my money by going through Van. My bill was going to be $2100. It will be more now but that's because I'll be paying for another 6 hours of labor (or so). Also, he hooked me up with a local shop that will do the work. I spent over an hour at the shop talking with the owner and I believe I will be dealing with them quite a bit as the mods flow in the future. Also, while they have my bumper off to replace the heat exchanger, I'm going to get them to install my aftermarket grills.

Thank you Van! :beer: I'd have nothing to show for the money I was about to spend if you hadn't helped me out.

Van@RevanRacing

Well, here's what I've learned. The upgraded heat exchanger is actually cheaper than the oem part from Ford. Dude at my local Ford said he tried warranty and it was a no go. When I talked to them about the part cost($1700) they said the best they could do was $1600. The most expensive upgraded part I saw was from Shelby American (I'm pretty sure) at $1300. Most of the dual fan exchanger seem to be right around $800. Ford guy actually said an upgraded dual fan exchanger might affect my warranty.
I've spoken to Van multiple times over the last two days and he's got me hooked up big time. If he want's to go into specifics he can but I'm also getting some upgraded handling parts, some hood struts, and the oem heat exchanger. Things are working out in my favor, I'm getting considerably more for my money by going through Van. My bill was going to be $2100. It will be more now but that's because I'll be paying for another 6 hours of labor (or so). Also, he hooked me up with a local shop that will do the work. I spent over an hour at the shop talking with the owner and I believe I will be dealing with them quite a bit as the mods flow in the future. Also, while they have my bumper off to replace the heat exchanger, I'm going to get them to install my aftermarket grills.

Thank you Van! :beer: I'd have nothing to show for the money I was about to spend if you hadn't helped me out.

Happy to help! Thanks for the business and I look forward to working with you more in the future. :beer:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Buy stock in grille guards now and be rich! Lol.

Sorry for your bad luck with this one Zen. Good to see that it'll all work out in the end.

Anyone else notice the price in the Tousley link for the pump? Yeesh. Even at a discount it is still some two and a half times more than the older Bosch unit...

Users who are viewing this thread