Little Help from LEO's in Virginia area.

blackbob

Nurburgring GTO
Established Member
So I'm in the process of moving to Virginia via military orders in a few weeks. I've visited the DMV website and I'm a little confused. For example, so far as window tint is concerned the legal limit for Virginia appears to be lighter then what is currently on my car. However, what’s on my car was legal on base world wide. So that's what was put on there when the tint was applied. Does this mean I now need to have it removed ? Also, if I'm there on orders and will only be there shortly do I still need to apply by all of DMV's requirements just to drive me car ? It's being shipped from my last duty station ( Guam ) and will arrive with Guam tags. As I understand I will need to obtain Virginia tags as well as inspection just to drive it. Is there anyway I can keep the my Guam tags that are still current without having to register it again when I just had the tags renewed ? I would like to get all his ironed out before I get there so I don't have any issues.

Thanks in advanced.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Not Va but how long will you be in Va? The Guam plate will stick out like a sore thumb, thus more of a chance to get stopped. Then the issues with the tint. Call a Va DMV and get their take.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Please note the title of this thread. It is a l.e.o. Only thread. Please read the rules of this forum if you don't know what that entails.

Users who are viewing this thread