Little fun with an EVO

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Rolling out to Harbour Freight today to pick up some impact sockets for my new Thundergun (oh yea!). Rolling about 75, I hear, pssst!. WTF? Ahh there it is, a black EVO is right next to me now, hitting his blow off valve. Big ass wing and all.

Turn up the Valentine 1, figure what gear I should be in, third. So I rev it up to match the revs in third. As soon as I blipped the gas, he took off. Once it slid into gear, I let the clutch out in third and hammered it. I immediately caught him, about 3/4 car lengths. We ran up to 120. We were about even when he had to let off and ducked in behind me for traffic.

Pass the traffic, he's on my ass, so at about 85, I go into fourth and mash it. I start to pull away, probably 2-3 carlengths by the time I got on the brakes.

He jumped over into the lane to my right and flew on past. Didn't give a thumbs-up or anything.

That was definately a fast car from a roll. I have no idea if it was stock or not, but I could hear that blow off valve for sure. It seemed to be about as fast as a M6 SS Camaro I ran a few times.

hj16

Established Member
He probably seemed faster because you mashed it at 85mph in 4th.You should've been in 3rd and really beat the fock outta him.

Good Kill Tho:)

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
Yeah it was probably stock. I'm guessing you don't know which EVO, 5 or 6??? They are fast. Saw one at NOPI Race Wars in Richmond last weekend. Right hand steer! He didn't run though. :(

TrophyCar

Users who are viewing this thread