Little different - 07 Focus tires needed

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Vehicle: 07 Focus
Size: 195/60-15

This is my dd, driven conservatively. Just rolled over 51,000 on the factory goodyears and it's getting about time for some new tires.

I'm looking for something in the 700-800 treadwear rating, and preferably a LRR rated tire as well. I noticed there is no filter to look for this...but was curious what you might have to offer or what you would recommend.

Also, not looking for the most expensive tire...would prefer to stay under $100 a tire if possible.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post lowflyn. We would be happy to help.

LRR (Low Rolling Resistance) Ratings are not a standard at this time and some retailers categorize certain models under their own judgement. Typically speaking though, the higher the tread wear rating, the better rolling resistance the tire, especially in narrower sizes like the 195/60-15 tire size you are after.

Based on what you have mentioned above, I recommend you take a close look at the Kumho ECO Solus HM KR-22. This model carries an 800 treadwear rating and is backed with a 100,000 mile treadlife warranty. Here's the link with more details...

Kumho Tire USA, Inc.

We currently do not carry this tire model but I can special order a set in for you. There is no additional charge for special order items and lead time is typically 2-3 weeks to your door. Our current mail order price per tire is only $72.00 each with FREE delivery.

I hope this information helps.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Definitely appreciate the help, I was actually looking at those exact tires from a competitor but that price blows them out of the water.

I'll be getting with you in the next few weeks to get a set headed my direction. Need some tires for the 90 as well so I'll probably just do one large order of 8 tires.

Users who are viewing this thread