Little confused on the full egr delete. Help!

vetteeatinsnake

First or last baby!
Established Member
I installed the block off plate and header cap, egr is also already turned off as well as rear o2's. I printed out the complete egr delete guide off of this site and have been reading it and trying to get my bearings on where everything is before i start ripping stuff off. I want to get all the stuff off the side of the blower but is it absolutely necessary to do so when deleting the egr? Also I fired the car up after installing to plate and cap and there the line that was going into to top of the valve is still pulling vacuum. Any advice on how to simplify this process is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a ton,
Hunter

mtdubvee

Established Member
I just did my EGR delete. All you should have left is the red line that carries your boost source, which is also tied into the same red line going to your FRPS.

Leave your FRPS plug harness on the front driver side. Everything else should be gone. The HVAC line in the passenger should be hooked to your inlet.

Cap your manifold or header where the tube went.

I just snipped the plugs off all the EGR plug ins on the drivers side and taped them to my driver side I hector harness. Looks real clean.

vetteeatinsnake

First or last baby!
Established Member
so as far as the vac line coming off the frps, and the lines coming from the top vacuum port to the a/c controls and charcoal filter; I just cap em or what? you're saying i only need the line coming off the top of the bypass valve to go to the t fitting in the lower boost port and a line on the other side of the fitting to go to the boost gauge, and then the line from the bottom of the bypass valve going to either the intake or to atmosphere. right?

vetteeatinsnake

First or last baby!
Established Member
Nevermind, read that wrong. one line from frps and one line from top of bypass go to boost port on the t fitting, the other line on the right of the t fitting goes to boost gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread