little blue warning light.... crazy feeling

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
this morning on acceleration out of my neighborhood a blue warning light that looked a bit like it was doing a burnout came on and the car acted like it was going to shut down...

I turned off the traction control and it didn't come on anymore...

Has anyone else seen this?

Moonlight96GT

Established Member
It looks like a little wheel with some dirt graphic under it? It's the traction control indicator.

When wheel spin occurs the light will come on, it will first try to apply brakes to that wheel, if that doesn't work, then it pulls timing and power from the motor. Which would explain the car wanting to shut down.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
You found the traction control feature. Some might call it a feature I think it sucks. The biggest problem I see with it is if you are going into traffic and stomp on it and the tires spin at all then it will go through the cycles of slowing you down. These can be very dangerous if there are cars coming behind you.

Say no to Traction Control. We really need a mod to permanently disable this

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Hey,

to permanently disable the traction control, just unplug the switch (the switch is actually what makes it default to on). Or better yet... pull the fuse.

I'm a big fan of traction control myself... if I don't want it on... *push* and it's off. :)

Users who are viewing this thread