Listen to this Bullshit

NBS4

BANNED!
Tonight i was supposed to fly back to phoenix but.......

This morning i'm awoken by a Phone call from An America West rep.

Mr Kurkowski?
"Yes"
We have a Problem with Flight number 258 departing Philly tonight
"What sort Of Problem?"
We over booked the flight.. We apologize for this
"Ohh ****"
I apologize again.. I'm calling so we can make arrangements for your flight back to phoenix. How does Thursday the 25th Sound?
"Do you have anything sooner?"
Well we have the 23rd open for a 6 pm flight
"I'll take that"
What seat would you like?
"First class seats. Since i'm being forced to stay in Pa another few days.. It's the least you can do"
We have 1A and 2A available
"I'll Take 1A"

So i'm pretty much stuck in Pa till Tuesday.. But atleast they upgraded my seats to first ****ing class. :)

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
paper tickets a good for this occasion. They can't move you around... Other than that you could've said FU call someone else I have to be on that plane. I usually get my way when I start that.

ALso- When being bought to move to a different flight... You have to work them a little harder. I usually get a second ticket for the wife out of it. Once I got 2 free round trips in Cont US...

Remember... You don't HAVE to change flight..That's why they offer things like upgraded seats... They made out easy on you. Don't be so nice next time around

GoatDaddy

after they said they'd oversold the flight, you should have just said

"so." or "you mean YOU have a problem."

then waited silently for him to make the next move. He might have just apologized for waking you, then called the next person in line.
First Class is cool, though.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
F that! I could see a few hour's to find you another flight but 6 DAYS!!??? Overbooking is their problem, they do it on just about every single flight. Most likely that plane still left the ground with open seats:bash:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Make them give you a voucher for the room and meals. Maybe to late but they are forced by law to cover that stuff but you need to ask!

CraneClan

Injun along at 140
Established Member
I'll never fly America West again for the same reason. All 4 flights in the trip were screwed up somehow. The last straw was on the final flight when they told us that "the pilot decided he couldn't fly, so we have to wait for another pilot, and he's landing in 2 hours." I said to her, "Whaddya mean he couldn't fly, you mean he's drunk, right??!!

Well after all, I was pissed. Seems to be a sore spot with them.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yeah, they will sometimes cover a certain amount going to room and board while you are waiting for your next flight.

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
I still don't get it...its the same with rent a cars at the airport.

Im like "you see this? this is a piece of paper I paid for. you got that?"
they say "yeah"
I say "you see what it says? it says i have paid for a car rental which you have in your posession."
they said "we know sir"
i say, "how the hell do you overbook when you have x amount of cars, and x amount of reservations, when X MUST ALWAYS EQUAL X!!!!and X reservations should not ever exceed X amt. cars."
they said, "well you see........blah blah blah."
i said "what good is a paid reservation when you get their, only to find your reservation you paid for is gone???"

-works the same with flights...."wait how many seats are on the plane........"
"128"
How many people go on the place at once..."
"128"
"Then why in fricken hell did you sell 144 tickets! when only 128 fricken people fit on a fricken plane!!! Morons....."

Users who are viewing this thread