liscense plate lights

Rook

Established Member
i changed my fuel pumps last month and now my light dont work on my liscense plate. its just one plug that disconnects everything right like tail lights and license plate lights right, or could it be a ground. just wondering if anybody else has ran into this.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Yeah its just one plug for the rear harness. if its just the plate lights maybe make sure the lights are fully seated into the socket

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
The problem I have with mine is that the bumper on my truck is from a 01 and my truck is a 00. Ford must of saved a ton of money by changing out the housing from 00 to 01. My bulbs will Not fit in the housings. So I just don't have them there. I have been pulled over a few times for it, but just warnings is all I have got.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Here are the diagrams for the tail lights and tag lights.

107263976.gif

107263977.gif

By looking at the diagrams if the connectors were left unplugged for the tag lights then the rear parking lights would not be on also. See if they work before you start looking for connectors being unplugged. If they do work then something is wrong with the tag light bulbs or just the tag light circuit itself.

There are four connectors in the circuit.

C192: 40 pin connector: Firewall, drivers side all the way over by the fender, top connector.
C145: 12 pin connector: Sitting on top of the left fender well under the Battery Junction Box.
C411: 8 pin connector: Left rear frame just behind the axle.
C405: 8 pin connector: Left frame rail all the way at the rear bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread