Line Mod Valve Install Question

jsteiert

Established Member
What is involved in changing the line mod valve? Im not much of a transmission guy, I like to stay away from that type of work if possible, but after reading about the results of the line mod valve I am anxious to get one and install it ASAP. I will be grateful for any tips or help.

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
Not that big of a deal. Drop the tranny pan, remove the front valve body, take out retaining clip, replace valve and put things back in the reverse order. Add trans fluid and enjoy the ride. :D

That's the real simple version. You should be able to do this in less than two hours if you have all the tools and supplies before you start.

99BlackBolt

Established Member
It's the easiest install i have done on the truck yet... Even the install of the chip the first time takes longer... The install of the line mod valve , changing the transmission fluid and replacing the fuel filter took less than 1 hr... The longest wait was for the fluid to drain and to get the stupid retaining clips off the fuel filter...

Later, Justin

captainoblivious

Slow Vehicles in Training
Established Member
You guys forgot about the hours of preperation so that you don't make a complete and utter mess.

Thats the only part I'm not looking forward to.

Users who are viewing this thread