line lock with abs

randy

Established Member
i know there are some articles out regarding the installation of line lock on 99-up mustangs, as i have read them. my question is this: why don't the manufacturers of these kits reccomend them for abs..PHP's kit shows 2 solenoids. I surmise this is to lock up both front wheels in lieu of just one. Would someone who has installed a linelock on one of our cars care to elaborate for me??

mm49

Established Member
One is the way to Go ! It works just as well as two. Problem with two is if one fails while doing a burnout you will swap ends quickly and possibly take out something or someone. Alot of Lightning Guys are running the one solonoid setup with ABS and no problems. Use Joe Lynch's setup and also got to this link for a good article on How to setup Roll Control.
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/0206mmff_roll/

JL

randy

Established Member
thnk u guys..i read that article and was in the midst of buying the parts through summit. They told me the line locks were not reccomended for abs, but had no reason why..

cobragb

Ford/Mustang Nut
Established Member
FWIW, from what I have heard, you must pull the ABS fuse when using a line-lock or the system will do some strange things to the other brakes. I have not confirmed this.

Trader

Established Member
I use the Hurst roll control/line lock kit on my Formula which has ABS. I have never had any problems. I got it at www.thunderracing.com same one as summit. bit more expensive though.

I wish a sponser would put together a good line lock kit for us with pre bent lines and all the fittings. I would buy it.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by cobragb
FWIW, from what I have heard, you must pull the ABS fuse when using a line-lock or the system will do some strange things to the other brakes. I have not confirmed this.

You do NOT have to pull the ABS fuse when installing a linelock on the 99+ cars.

MJ

P.S. I have a custom linelock on my '03 that I made from 2 Hurst Roll Control solenoids. Works great!!

P.P.S. Use Joe Lynch's installation notes.

Users who are viewing this thread