Line Lock switch

04torchred

Established Member
Does anyone with a convertible know if you can use the convertible switch from Ford (F4ZZ-15668-B) to activate a line lock or just send power to a relay?

I would like to replace my coin holder with the above switch if it will work to control my line lock. I know people prior were using the 94-98 fog light switch but that has been discontinued.

Its a very expensive line lock control, but would look clean.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Does anyone with a convertible know if you can use the convertible switch from Ford (F4ZZ-15668-B) to activate a line lock or just send power to a relay?

I would like to replace my coin holder with the above switch if it will work to control my line lock. I know people prior were using the 94-98 fog light switch but that has been discontinued.

Its a very expensive line lock control, but would look clean.
Yes it does. Thats how i have mine.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Don't you have to hold that switch down in order to activate it?

I was under the impression that switch is on a spring and turns off once you release it.

Doesn't seem like it would make a good line lock switch, unless I'm mistaken on its operation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Don't you have to hold that switch down in order to activate it?

I was under the impression that switch is on a spring and turns off once you release it.

Doesn't seem like it would make a good line lock switch, unless I'm mistaken on its operation.

Yes it is a momentary switch. Just hold it while u burn out. Lots of line locks use momentary switches.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Yes it is a momentary switch. Just hold it while u burn out. Lots of line locks use momentary switches.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Okay. I'm not that coordinated. Need one hand on the steering wheel and the other to shift while burning out.

I can see how the momentary switch would work (if you're only doing a burnout in one gear), but I couldn't use it based on how I use my line lock.

Thanks for the clarification whitedevil.....

04torchred

Established Member
It would be nice if it was a rocker switch, I do agree Black Gold 380R. Usually at the track its just put the car in 2nd gear and warm up the tires.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
It would be nice if it was a rocker switch, I do agree Black Gold 380R. Usually at the track its just put the car in 2nd gear and warm up the tires.

Shouldn't need to shift gears while doing a burnout. Start the burnout in 2nd gear.

--Joe

That would work for the track. However, I like to play around and I do not take my Cobra to the track. So, I start in first, shift to second and make a smoke show just for fun. Then I flip the switch to release the line lock and roll on through. Doesn't do much for tread wear, but it sure is fun and impresses those watching LMAO!!!

04torchred

Established Member
That would work for the track. However, I like to play around and I do not take my Cobra to the track. So, I start in first, shift to second and make a smoke show just for fun. Then I flip the switch to release the line lock and roll on through. Doesn't do much for tread wear, but it sure is fun and impresses those watching LMAO!!!

Oh you have more then enough hp to start right from 2nd gear.

I just lucked out and found a 94-00 fog light switch on classic industries!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I installed the double DIN radio bezel in my 98. I found a Traction Control button (momentary) to use for the line lock.
The 01s TC icon looks like a spinning tire, so it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread