Line lock standard?!

Mach828

Established Member
Hard to judge wheel hop on 235 street tires. How it launches on slicks at 6k rpms will be a whole different story.

I foresee a lot of people trying to use this on the streets. And then running into the car in front of them, or they will get tickets for doing a burnout at a stop light. Cool app, will be interesting to see if its actually beneficial to the people who drag race. I picture the 2015 being more of a road course car than a drag car.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
Actually I had the opposite effect. Soon as I put drag radials on my 04 cobra the wheel hop was almost totally eliminated. Stock tires I had wheel hop like crazy.

Jroc

Established Member
I sorry but this kind of stupid gimmick crap Ford likes to pull just doesn't impress me. Who cares? It's simple for them to do and then say "hey look what we did for you guys" and that's why they did it. It's easy to do a burnout in a Mustang, and if you are a hardcore racer who would benefit much from a line lock then A)they're not that expensive, and B)your cars warranty is likely long been voided at that point. If Ford wants to impress me with the new Mustang then they should of done things like not widening the car only to add that extra width to trunk space to fit 2 golf bags instead of the wheel wells to fit something bigger than 305's, or how about something remotely competitive with MR. These kinds of things would impress me being on the new Mustang, but a line lock does not.

Laztug

Established Member
Gimmick?! I am glad ford is installing this for us.
I am sure majority of SVTP does not plan on keeping the warranty very long anyways.
My 2012 was AED tuned about 3k miles in. No regrets, I plan on doing the same for my 15.:rockon:

Jroc

Established Member
Yes a gimmick.

What I mean by that is there are so many things that Ford could do better for the performance enthusiast than a LL. Forged pistons would be a great example. I mean who gives a chit about a LL? In reality probably 98% of new Mustang buyers don't even if they want to act like they do on here. Most people don't need it or want it, and if they do then it's cheap and easy to do with the aftermarket. It's a gimmick to help them say "look at what we did for the performance enthusiast, but then we'll likely void your warranty if you use it for what a LL is suppose to be used for."

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
I think it's a good idea. Voiding warranty will be subject to people who actually use it.

I'll have mine voided before the car has 1500 miles on it. Lol

darreng505

Established Member
I think it's a good idea. Voiding warranty will be subject to people who actually use it.

I'll have mine voided before the car has 1500 miles on it. Lol

And how many people choose to void their warranty who own a stock GT? not many. 1%? So for those other 99% they get a gimmicky option they'll never use. Kind of like the tripometer....way to think outside the box Ford...

Lemers

Established Member
Basically what the article says is that Ford can't void the warrantee because the dio says that the line lock has been used. So unless the dealer goes out to the local drag strip and videos you racing or you wreck your mustang at the track and they know it then there isn't much they can do.

Most voids will come from mods.

An maybe 1% will use it a lot but I bet many more will use it at-least once to try it out.

ponygirl06

Established Member
Do any of the drag racers find line lock and launch control the way Ford is implementing it convenient?

It doesn't seem user friendly to roll up the the area to spin your tires and then go into track apps to set line lock do your burn out then roll up to the starting line go into track apps to set your launch control. All before the tree turns green.

I think launch control will be like it is in my 2014 GT500. Once you turn LC on it stays on, you don't have to mess around with track apps each time. You only need track apps to set the RPM. There is also a button for LC under the headlight controls to make turning it on and off easier if you don't want it on all the time.

rrg9946

Established Member
These people just speculating. Nobody will have concrete info until Ford releases official information. The real world info will be releases when Ford releases the vehicles to magazines for test driving.

ponygirl06

Established Member
Where does it say that it voids the warranty anyway? Are you looking at the 2014 manual, because nothing has been stated on the 2015

The fine print on the video Ford released about line lock states racing will void your warranty. I agree with others that people will play with both line lock and launch control, and most of them won't be on a track or a closed course. The idea that Ford would void warranties soley for using the features is upsetting, so I'm glad a Ford representative clarified that just using the features won't void a warranty.

rrg9946

Established Member
It does not say that using the "Line Lock" system will,void your warranty. It says that racing will. You could do a burnout and then make a pass down a quarter mile drag strip and be well,within your coverage. It specifically states racing or participating in a competitive event. If something goes,wrong it is up to the dealership and Ford whether or not they deem it was under a competitive environment. Then the voided,warranty issue comes up.

Users who are viewing this thread