Line Lock questions...

trollnstroll

Established Member
I've got a '90 5.0 LX hatch. Looking to install my Hurst Roll Control kit. Looking at the brake set-up, its leaving me with more questions than answers. I have 3 ports exiting my MC. One from underneath and two from the side. The one from underneath runs directly to my driver front wheel. The two from the side run through the factory proportion valve (I assume this what that is) with one running to the passenger front wheel, with the other running to the rear brakes.

My question is, Do I block the direct line to the driver front wheel, place my LL after the proportion valve, "T" from that to the driver/passenger front wheels? OR Do I block the line after the proportion valve, place my LL in line to driver front and then "T" from there to run both driver/passenger front wheels...not using the proportion valve?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

trollnstroll

Established Member
For those wondering.... BLOCK the bottom port of the master cylinder (this runs to the driver front wheel). Make a line from the proportion valve (that runs to the driver front wheel) and run it to the inlet port of the line lock. Make a line and connect to the driver front line, and connect the other end to a discharge port on the line lock. Last, make a 3rd line, and use that to connect the line that runs to the passenger front, and connect the other end to a separate discharge port of the line lock. That's how I ran my brake lines for this install...and it works great.

Users who are viewing this thread