Line Lock Question... Summit?

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I was wondering if anybody is using a Summit Universal line lock. Looking to start another winter project. I searched, and found a lot of threads that said the Hurst and SLP kits work, but you have to bend your own lines.

It looks like, to use a single solenoid, you put the solenoid in the line before the distribution block, where the single line splits to both front brakes. If I install the solenoid in this line BEFORE the split, I should be able to use a universal kit, correct?

Please let me know if I can use a Summit line lock kit, and if not, please help me understand why.
**When I do the install, I plan on doing a step by step with pictures to help out my fellow 96-97 owners.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
this is probably no help at all..but the notch i just picked up has the summit one..looks like a nice piece..dont know how it works..but it is installed before the split...so basically i have one it doesnt work but it looks like itdoes something..

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I think Im gonna buy it tomorrow and mess with it this winter. Im somewhat familiar with solenoids and wiring from my nitrous install. Should be a good learnig experience.

Btw, there should be a button for the line lock in your car. From what i understand, you push the brake, hold the button, and release the brake while holdinthe button down. Dump the clutch and let off on the button when you want to release the front brakes.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
^^yeap..genious..i was looking for the same thing..no switches tho anywhere..there was one but it is disconnected..also...let me know how it goes..maybe ill do it to mine since i like to toss it sideways often

prototypepariah

Established Member
I think Im gonna buy it tomorrow and mess with it this winter. Im somewhat familiar with solenoids and wiring from my nitrous install. Should be a good learnig experience.

Btw, there should be a button for the line lock in your car. From what i understand, you push the brake, hold the button, and release the brake while holdinthe button down. Dump the clutch and let off on the button when you want to release the front brakes.

fwiw - that is how mine work...but it has two switches, one to turn on the system and one to actually lock the brakes. I didn't install so I can't offer any help there.

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread