Line Lock on Auto

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
I have the SLP and it goes right to Traction Control after locking front brakes ..I hold the TC button down until it says Advance Tract OFF ... Then lock up front Brakes.. Then try the burnout and the lights come on and car dies

Last edited:

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
We have the J
line lock and it works perfectly. Like chuck said, whats your issue?

Il have not heard that it works Perfectly...This is not my first line lock...Something is wrong here..I asked the dealer to call SLP and they said it is driver error....WTF am i doing wrong??

Last edited:

eddieb

Established Member
Jim,
I am very familiar with the problem you are having. I also have the SLP line lock and informed vendor and manufacturer of my problem- of which they were not able to assist. The JPC is wired differently than the SLP (SLP being inferior), and the auto mustang has an traction over ride feature the SLP does not compensate for.

If you are real lucky you will throw a latched advancetrack error, in which you will have to use a OBDC tool to reset.

You have one of two choices:
1. Lightly hold the brake pedal with line lock engaged. Tires will brake lose.
2. Install a relay contact or diode into braking system.

If you shoot me a pm with your email address I can send you these two wiring diagrams I assembled, I went the diode route for easier availability. My system works fine now.

NemeCes

Established Member
I have the SLP and it goes right to Traction Control after locking front brakes ..I hold the TC button down until it says Advance Tract OFF ... Then lock up front Brakes.. Then try the burnout and the lights come on and car dies

Try just pushing the button once. Disabling advantrac will not fully disable traction control. When I tried the first burn out in my car I was holding the button for 5 secs and it would do the same thing. I tried just pushing the button once and the tires lit up. (No line lock for me though)

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Try just pushing the button once. Disabling advantrac will not fully disable traction control. When I tried the first burn out in my car I was holding the button for 5 secs and it would do the same thing. I tried just pushing the button once and the tires lit up. (No line lock for me though)

I did try that and it did not work any better...I tried pulling fuse at the suggestion of another Mustang Owner..This is a problem with 2011 and 2012Auto's
Obviously This SLP kit needs to be updated and they are in denial...

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Drawing sent, let me know if you have any questions for install.
Ed

Ed...Mustang Magic installed the inline 12v diode and my line lock is AOK Thank you again for helping me out,,,,,, I am smiling again :)

jimmyvaccaro :rockon::beer::banana::coolman:

wdninja

If you shoot me a pm with your email address I can send you these two wiring diagrams I assembled, I went the diode route for easier availability. My system works fine now.

I know this thread hasn't been active for over a year, but my uncle is having the same issue with his SLP line lock on his 2013 GT AT. Clearly SLP has zero interest in fixing this problem even after all this time. Do you still have the wiring diagrams to send out? If so, please send them to [email protected], it would be much appreciated!

Cheers. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread