Line Lock & launch control questions---drag strip

Darth Racer

Established Member
I was wondering if any of you guys have used these functions at the drag strip? I plan on taking my '16 GT (manual, with the Roush phase 2 SC) to the Ford vs. Buick event on 10/15. I do have Nitto drag radials.

I think to the LL is only good for heating the tires out of the water box. I don't think you'd have time to set it up to keep the car from rolling thru the lights after staging the car? Correct?

With LC, after you set your launch RPM and initiate the app, does it stay on while bumping the car from pre-stage to staging the car (bumping the brakes as you creep forward)?

If both apps are too much 'busy time' in getting set on the staging line, I may just turn track apps off and do it the old fashioned way. :coolman:

Zemedici

Established Member
I did it the old fashioned way when we took wifeys 15 to the track. It's a lot of button pressing while you're focused on driving and staging etc

usaf_branham

Established Member
Actually, I suggest turning off both traction control and advance trac. I used launch control for 2 runs and it was garbage. It kept cutting power when I'd shift into 2nd. I turned it off and picked up a full second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Racer

Established Member
Guys, thanks for the feedback. I'll be using Nitto P285/40R18 tires. I've never used drag radials before. I've always used slicks. Do they require just a short burnout? Do I have be 'easy' off the line or can I just 'bang the clutch' like I did when using slicks?

dennisn

Established Member
The line lock is your friend. Practice a few times before you get in the water box and it's a piece of cake to use. Even with tc off it'll still cut power at times really f'ing up your burnout.

whatsup62

Established Member
Practice with the line lock.
Line lock = yes
Launch control = HELL NO!!

Hope you are trailering it. If you drop it hard with them DR's on that much power say goodbye to halfshafts....unless they are upgraded.

Darth Racer

Established Member
Practice with the line lock.
Line lock = yes
Launch control = HELL NO!!

Hope you are trailering it. If you drop it hard with them DR's on that much power say goodbye to halfshafts....unless they are upgraded.

Yes, I have the strengthened half-shafts.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
For anyone who has used the line lock, does it let you do a rolling burnout at all? Or I guess an alternative question is, how do you get the front brakes to release? Just let off the gas?

I might try using it when I take my car to a track rental at MIR in a couple of weeks as long as I'm comfortable using it.

whatsup62

Established Member
It holds for a set amount of time (to long) or you push the "ok" button to release

Users who are viewing this thread