Line lock install

palehorse

Established Member
On a scale of 1 to 10 how hard is this install, and how long does it take, and do you have to blead the brakes?

Blackcobraconv

03 Whippled Vert
Established Member
SLP is made specific for our car. Includes preformed brake lines that makes for an easy install. You will have to remove the brake reservoir. Took 2-3 hours for the complete install. Part number is: SLPM25000, cost is $126

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
you'll be bleeding the whole system, master cylinder needs to be removed for install. you should be flushing out your brake fluid at least once a year anyways

mustang john

Established Member
Blackcobraconv said:
SLP is made specific for our car. Includes preformed brake lines that makes for an easy install. You will have to remove the brake reservoir. Took 2-3 hours for the complete install. Part number is: SLPM25000, cost is $126

I didnt remove my brake reservior, and if you have the short wrenches they recommend you can do it in an hour. The SLP kit is very nice its just a tight fit.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
i believe i removed the master cylinder to drill the holes to mount the line lock solenoid. still, when installing the line lock kit, you are introducing air into the brake system, this is unacceptable, any amount however small. without a good bleed after install, your asking for trouble,ford can properly bleed cobra system for you if you are not set up to do so. still, brake fluid should be flushed out and replaced often

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
palehorse said:
On a scale of 1 to 10 how hard is this install, and how long does it take, and do you have to blead the brakes?
cold 12-pack, set aside a couple of hour to install, afriend or two to help drink beer and bleed brakes.
scale 1 to 10, i give it 3.75632
take ur time and follow directions
so easy a cave man did mine, me w/out beer though

Users who are viewing this thread