Line Lock Install Question (does it matter if I use MC1 LF?)

Albert SVT

Established Member
Just installed a hurst line lock using Joe Lynch's instructions http://www.lx.net/jlynch/line-lock.html

Haven't wired up the solenoid yet, but I noticed that instead of plumbing into MC1 RF in the ABS module, I plumbed into MC1 LF. Does it really matter if I use the LF instead of RF? I assume by using LF, I'll be utilizing the left front brake as opposed to the right front, or does plumbing into RF enable the use of both front brakes? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Albert

PIXER

Banned
I used these same instructions to install mine, I did it like they say and it workd great, took me longer than I thought to install.

Make sure you bleed the brakes, including the mast cylinder!

How hard would it be to just put it the way the instructions say? I mean, its not that much work :shrug: :shrug:

Albert SVT

Established Member
PIXER said:
I used these same instructions to install mine, I did it like they say and it workd great, took me longer than I thought to install.

Make sure you bleed the brakes, including the mast cylinder!

How hard would it be to just put it the way the instructions say? I mean, its not that much work :shrug: :shrug:

Wouldn't be too difficult to switch back, just a little bit of a pain since I have all the lines bent perfectly.

Albert SVT

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
My guess is he inadvertantly stuck it in the wrong port. Without more research to be sure, I would bet the farm you are fine.

Correct, if looking right down at the ABS module from the front of the car, I stuck it into the front port closest to the passenger fender rather than the front port closest to the driver fender.

Users who are viewing this thread