Line-Lock anyone?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Is there anyone here from Connecticut who has had Line-Lock installed in their car, who can also recommend a garage to me to perform the task? I was thinking about doing the installation myself, but if I find a place that someone can recommend to do it, then I might just pay to have it done. Especially if the garage in question is in New haven county, or Fairfield county.

TriPodRacing

U MAD?
Established Member
Nino Performance in Bethany 203 393 3434

Its my Dad's shop give him a shot if its not to far from you.

Joe

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Jake, in here has an '03 Cobra with line lock. Ken

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Originally posted by KenCobra03
Jake, in here has an '03 Cobra with line lock. Ken

Thanks. I just sent him a PM. Hopefully he will respond. I'm assuming that "Jake" is his username also. It's good to have some options on this.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
nope..its not jake...

i have the Hurst line loc...i u are pretty good working on cars and know some basic knowledge, you can do it in a few hours. if you have any questions ust ask..i have pics...somewhere too...:rockon:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Originally posted by BADASS03SVT
nope..its not jake...

i have the Hurst line loc...i u are pretty good working on cars and know some basic knowledge, you can do it in a few hours. if you have any questions ust ask..i have pics...somewhere too...:rockon:

Thankyou. Yep, I've purchased the Hurst line-lock too. I'm mechanically inclined. I istalled the 4.56 gears in my car, as well as the headers, and the Eaton Supercharger too. but when it comes to brakes, I've only worked on the rotors & pads before. I never had to mess w/the brake lines other than to bleed them. I just talked to a friend at work who said that he would help me, and he's a more experienced mechanic than I am, so I think that's the way for me to go w/this one. But if you can post the pics of your line-Lock for me, then that would be great. if you want, you can also simply e-mail them to me too. I'm sending you a PM.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
sweet!! u have an eaton maurarder! how are those 4.56s with all that power? its too much in the cobra but maybe with the car being so big its better?

im at work till 3pm today..when i get home ill find the pics. if you want the instal to be REAL easy, get the hurst Mustang install kit. comes with 3 or 4 lines and some fittings. all u need is a pipe flaring tool and a bender (if u want nice bends) and a couple wrenches. i think our setups are the same so you could basically copy mine.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Okay, thanks. Yeah, I already bought that Mustang fitting adapter kit, as well as the Summit Racing installation kit which has three different length lines w/flared ends, so I might not even have to cut or flare any of them. The friend of mine who is going to help me has the bending and flaring tools though.

The 4.56's work great in my car. U have them also, uh? All I can tell you is at the track w/the P305/45/18" Nitto Drag radials, my car hooks perfectly, and runs a 1.6 second 60' time, and a 4.9 second 330' time. On the street I have to walk it out of the hole for about 20 feet using half pedal before I can stomp on it. Otherwise I'll just do a burnout from a dead punch which will last right through second gear.

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
wow..thats crzy man....that thing HAULS. ill get those pics tonight and post them up hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread