Lincoln LS kills WS6 T/A...

rocket5979

Established Member
I got back from Maine tonight and was driving west on 137 Buckley and was planning to hop on 45 north to go home. Well I was at a stoplight and looked to my right and seen a late 90's/early 00's WS6 T/A turning right some road whos name I cannot recall (takes ya past MLK is about all I can remember). I have been aching to run something in the LS for a while now, especially now that I have the remote bottle opener. So I hop over and take a right to go chase after him. I pull up in the left lane as he is in the right and gun it and then let off to let him know I want to play. After he catches up he does the same thing. We continue to cruise for a little while. I didn't ask him but my guess was he was probably trying to figure out why the hell an LS would want to run him. Well he finally gets in the left lane and I follow. I have no clue where the hell we are at right now because I have just been following him not paying attention to road signs. Somewhere in south Gurnee. So we come to a redlight with two left turn lanes and I pull up on his left and roll my window down. I asked the guy what mods he had and he was like "A few" with a smirk. I replied back with the same answer and a bigger shit eating grin. The I asked if he wanted to run em. He started to make an excuse but then I was like "Come onnnnn mannn lets run em." Finally we take off from the light rounding the corner and as we get around the curve of the turn he punches it and I follow shortly after. Well to keep a long story short I raped him BAD! I pulled at least a full car in about 1/8th mile from a 20ish roll. I then slowed way down and he came up again and both punched it one more time with the same result. I know he started out really giving it allot of gas but once I got started I pulled hard as hell. I know the LS is an easy 12 second car given traction and a good launch, and I figured I would win but not by as much as I did. Either way it was good to finally get a race. I really wish I could have taken him from a dead stop. Oh BTW, he was with his girl. After I raped him he creeped up REAL slow afterwards and then proceeded to turn left shortly after. I tried to give him a thumbs up as he came near but don't know if he really seen it. God I love sleepers! :rockon: :rockon: I am just happy to finally get a race! :thumbsup:

LS mods in my sig (yes I was spraying)... T/A mods unknown beyond exhaust...

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
:lol: Ha Ha good kill man! A LS with some juice...talk about an unexpected surprise! That T/A was probably shitting all over himself!

Do you have any track time with that thing?

rocket5979

Established Member
rk_2000_Z/28 said:
:lol: Ha Ha good kill man! A LS with some juice...talk about an unexpected surprise! That T/A was probably shitting all over himself!

Do you have any track time with that thing?

Thanks. The last time I took the LS to the track it pulled a 2.2 60' (garbage!) and ran a 13.3 @ 106.5 MPH with no traction once the spray hit at 3,300 rpms. This car launches soft as hell so unfortunately I have not hit 12's with it yet. Once the car is already moving it really boogies but it is the launch that really hurts my ET's. With the help of my buddy who is a SCT dealer/tuner and me (a soon to be SCT dealer/tuner) we will be retuning it this next weekend so hopefully a little magic can be worked on the TBW crap as well as the trans shifts too.

Last edited:

lilbuddy1587

Banned
rocket5979 said:
Thanks. The last time I took the LS to the track it pulled a 2.2 60' (garbage!) and ran a 13.3 @ 106.5 MPH with no traction once the spray hit at 3,300 rpms. This car launches soft as hell so unfortunately I have not hit 12's with it yet. Once the car is already moving it really boogies but it is the launch that really hurts my ET's. With the help of my buddy who is a SCT dealer/tuner and me (a soon to be SCT dealer/tuner) we will be retuning it this next weekend so hopefully a little magic can be worked on the TBW crap as well as the trans shifts too.

Haha, thats tight bro! Fast car for sure. :thumbsup:

BayareaSS

Established Member
haha....thats hella funny!

Nice kill.... i would of pulled up and asked you what mods you really had after you beat me.

I would of been pissed!

rocket5979

Established Member
BayareaSS said:
haha....thats hella funny!

Nice kill.... i would of pulled up and asked you what mods you really had after you beat me.

I would of been pissed!

I was kind of hoping so. I wanted to BS a little more and see what he had. The fella was either pissed off and turned left right after because of that or he was in a hurry to get somewhere else. Oh well, I am just happy that I actually got a race with something decent in this thing without having to go to the dragstrip.

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
rocket5979 said:
I was kind of hoping so. I wanted to BS a little more and see what he had. The fella was either pissed off and turned left right after because of that or he was in a hurry to get somewhere else. Oh well, I am just happy that I actually got a race with something decent in this thing without having to go to the dragstrip.

It's kind of hard to say what kind of mods he may have. You said you raped him, but than you said you had about a car on him by about an 1/8 mile and than let off. I'm not trying to be a dick, but to me 1 car is not a raping. I'm guessing your car is a mid to high 12 second car and to beat him by a little of a car length would have him in the high 12 (maybe low 13 mark). So I'm guessing he had a few bolt-ons. Probably LT headers, lid, and maybe a ported TB...just my guess.

Still good kill again! A LS with spray....that's just crazy!

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
It would've been far funnier if you ripped him in the Explorer, but it still made me chuckle.

rocket5979

Established Member
rk_2000_Z/28 said:
It's kind of hard to say what kind of mods he may have. You said you raped him, but than you said you had about a car on him by about an 1/8 mile and than let off. I'm not trying to be a dick, but to me 1 car is not a raping. I'm guessing your car is a mid to high 12 second car and to beat him by a little of a car length would have him in the high 12 (maybe low 13 mark). So I'm guessing he had a few bolt-ons. Probably LT headers, lid, and maybe a ported TB...just my guess.

Still good kill again! A LS with spray....that's just crazy!

With as quickly as the race was going it was a raping. It is hard to explain it but you kind of had to be there. You got to figure that going from a roll versus a stop you are going to be covering more ground initially than if going from a dead stop which is also why we probably covered around 1/8 mile before shutting down. My car length estimate could have been off a little bit. It was kind of a pain in the ass to be running where we were as well as looking back and accurately gauging the distance. He was definately not a 12 second car at all. By how far ahead of him I was at the end I would say that he was maybe good for mid 13's. Of course this is all just allot of guesstimation being that it wasn't from a dead stop or for a full 1/4 mile run.

Thanks for the props. :thumbsup:

rocket5979

Established Member
2004SVTL said:
Nice kill. :eek:

have you run the explorer at the track yet?

Not yet. I haven't tuned it yet. This next Friday I should be done tuning it. I did bump the boost from 20 psi down to 17 psi though. Hopefully make around 525rwhp. Should be good for 11's assuming a decent launch.

T-Bolt said:
It would've been far funnier if you ripped him in the Explorer, but it still made me chuckle.

Oh god had I raced him in KBX I would have murdered that fella by so many bus lengths that he would have immediately went home and shot himself after that! :lol:

BayareaSS

Established Member
rocket5979 said:
With as quickly as the race was going it was a raping. It is hard to explain it but you kind of had to be there. You got to figure that going from a roll versus a stop you are going to be covering more ground initially than if going from a dead stop which is also why we probably covered around 1/8 mile before shutting down. My car length estimate could have been off a little bit. It was kind of a pain in the ass to be running where we were as well as looking back and accurately gauging the distance. He was definately not a 12 second car at all. By how far ahead of him I was at the end I would say that he was maybe good for mid 13's. Of course this is all just allot of guesstimation being that it wasn't from a dead stop or for a full 1/4 mile run.

Thanks for the props. :thumbsup:

If you think he was a mid- 13 sec. car than he most likely just had a catback.

And i'm guessing he didnt have any where to go after the race he was just embarassed......and he was with his girl :lol1:

Emin

Banned
rocket5979 said:
I got back from Maine tonight and was driving west on 137 Buckley and was planning to hop on 45 north to go home. Well I was at a stoplight and looked to my right and seen a late 90's/early 00's WS6 T/A turning right some road whos name I cannot recall (takes ya past MLK is about all I can remember). I have been aching to run something in the LS for a while now, especially now that I have the remote bottle opener. So I hop over and take a right to go chase after him. I pull up in the left lane as he is in the right and gun it and then let off to let him know I want to play. After he catches up he does the same thing. We continue to cruise for a little while. I didn't ask him but my guess was he was probably trying to figure out why the hell an LS would want to run him. Well he finally gets in the left lane and I follow. I have no clue where the hell we are at right now because I have just been following him not paying attention to road signs. Somewhere in south Gurnee. So we come to a redlight with two left turn lanes and I pull up on his left and roll my window down. I asked the guy what mods he had and he was like "A few" with a smirk. I replied back with the same answer and a bigger shit eating grin. The I asked if he wanted to run em. He started to make an excuse but then I was like "Come onnnnn mannn lets run em." Finally we take off from the light rounding the corner and as we get around the curve of the turn he punches it and I follow shortly after. Well to keep a long story short I raped him BAD! I pulled at least a full car in about 1/8th mile from a 20ish roll. I then slowed way down and he came up again and both punched it one more time with the same result. I know he started out really giving it allot of gas but once I got started I pulled hard as hell. I know the LS is an easy 12 second car given traction and a good launch, and I figured I would win but not by as much as I did. Either way it was good to finally get a race. I really wish I could have taken him from a dead stop. Oh BTW, he was with his girl. After I raped him he creeped up REAL slow afterwards and then proceeded to turn left shortly after. I tried to give him a thumbs up as he came near but don't know if he really seen it. God I love sleepers! :rockon: :rockon: I am just happy to finally get a race! :thumbsup:

LS mods in my sig (yes I was spraying)... T/A mods unknown beyond exhaust...

my friend has a 1997 trans am (LT1) automatic and when ever i raced him from 40-120 we would stay dead evenor i would pull a bumper.. we tryed from the start but he would pull pretty good in first gear and beat me by 2 cars up to 120.. u got a 05 so u have even more power i say u would have won without spray easy too if its a LT1..:p

Edit: was it LS1?

Last edited:

Emin

Banned
BayareaSS said:

And i'm guessing he didnt have any where to go after the race he was just embarassed......and he was with his girl :lol1:

he said mid 90's.. which means LT1 correct? which would mean low 14's... so he must have had alot of mods to keep up.

rocket5979

Established Member
Emin said:
he said mid 90's.. which means LT1 correct? which would mean low 14's... so he must have had alot of mods to keep up.

I said late 90's early 00's. It was the LS1. If it were a mildly modded LT1 it would have been buslengths not cars that I put on it.

Last edited:

rocket5979

Established Member
BayareaSS said:

Thats is what I was thinking, just a catback and not much else.

I try to give the guy the benefit of the doubt with the whole turning off thing but it could have been from embarassment. :shrug:

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
rocket5979 said:
Thats is what I was thinking, just a catback and not much else.

I try to give the guy the benefit of the doubt with the whole turning off thing but it could have been from embarassment. :shrug:

Lid/catback is my bet...

I've been there on the turning off thing...only once though.

I got my ass handed to me so bad by a car that I was instigating the action on. I was embarresed so I just turned off! I regret it now, and I wish I would have pulled over to see what the guy had. I'll never do that again no matter how bad the beating

Users who are viewing this thread