Limp mode (no lights or cels)

Twisted1

Established Member
Weird scenario. I drive my 11 GT500pp one day park it for the night all is fine. First start up next day and wow problems appear. The cars idle has dropped, exhaust note is noticeably quieter and when driving its chugging. You can hear the as the rpms build in neutral or when driving its falling on its face. Ive checked the plugs they are good, no codes or lights, Ive checked for vacuum leaks and cracks in the EGR tube all appears well. Any ideas of what could be going on? Im stumped. Mods to the car are trinity blower and pullied, BPS idler and blower elbow, CFM throttle body, ID 750 0r 1000 injectors and not sure of the tune. Ive had this car 5 years and never changed the tune and never had any issues. Thanks in advance.

azc0bra

Established Member
Check battery/alternator, those can cause a slew of issues if voltage is low. I was chasing an "idle" issue, turned out to be my alternator was dropping voltage at idle, as well as randomly throughout the powerband (per datalogs).

Twisted1

Established Member
So checked the battery it's sitting at 12 volts even this may be the problem. I'll get a new battery in the next day or 2 and post if it fixes it or not

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So checked the battery it's sitting at 12 volts even this may be the problem. I'll get a new battery in the next day or 2 and post if it fixes it or not

What battery are you using? Volts while vehicle is on?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Then that puts me back in a pickle. I'm so lost now idk which way to go next

If you dont need to smog anytime soon id unplug the battery for 12hr and then hook it back up and see if relearning helps.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I dont have the tuner, the previous owner kept it lol so it's whatever he put in it
Make sure your air intake tube didn't fall off or come loose or any kind of a air leak like that. It's odd that the last time you drove it everything was fine and now it has a issue.

Twisted1

Established Member
Make sure your air intake tube didn't fall off or come loose or any kind of a air leak like that. It's odd that the last time you drove it everything was fine and now it has a issue.
I took it all apart its all good I'm at a loss

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
A fully charged battery, 1-2 days after fully charged should read 12.60 to 12.79, in warm temps. Anything under 12.40 is considered discharged, and should be charged.

A battery that won't charge above 12.40 volts needs to be replaced.

If you charged your battery, and it reads 12.0, especially after 4 years, needs to be changed, even with the car on reading 14.6V.

Twisted1

Established Member
So tonight I'll disconnect the battery over night if that don't change anything I will replace the battery if it still reads 12.0 in the morning

SCALILOU

Established Member
It was a mistake to not get the tuner from the previous owner. Stock tune of the vehicle is probably saved in it. And if you need to reinstall the tune for any reason you're screwed.

It sounds like the battery is toast, get a new one they're not expensive.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread