Limited to race fuel only!!

Quick Strike

Established Member
I would install some larger pd blower cams if this were mine. The increased duration would lower the cranking or dynamic compression to a more pump gas friendly ratio. I run larger cams with 9.8:1 static compression. My street tune runs 20# boost with 16 oz of torco per tank (mainly for insurance against bad gas). I can run up to 25#s of boost with the race tune and 48 oz torco per tank. The power numbers are in my signature at the bottom.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Something to consider is he may not want to tune it for some reason. They're might be something about your set up he's afraid to deal with.

Lito is good with the S197s, but I don't know if he does the earlier stuff. I asked for help with my 01 and he stopped responding after the second email.

svo/svt

Established Member
So Shaun said he will try a street tune for me with the 3.5 upper pulley and I'm going to run torco with the 91. He says it will gum up the plugs eventually but I won't be driving the car every day and I don't mind changing plugs more often. I plain on racing the car quite a bit with 100 octane race fuel and the only time I would run the torco and 91 is if I want to take the car for a 2 or 3 hour drive. What's your opinion on this? Does anyone make a larger pulley then a 3.5' for the whipple and will it still work with a 100mm idler? Also would a higher octane fuel be more beneficial then 100 octane for a race tune and if so which one? Thanks everyone for all the advice

Users who are viewing this thread