Limit of GT500 shortblock

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
What's the general consensus on how much power to the wheels you can push a GT500 without touching the shortblock?

Are there differences after '13 with the shortblock or did ford just throw more boost at it.

Yeah I know I'm too lazy to search and find out myself.

Wiseguy

Established Member
Generally 100 more horse power then any 4.6 with the same combo.
Alum in 2011 and up
2007-2010 650-750 is a good range
2011-up 700-800 is a good range,Having knock sensors on the newer blocks helps and can make good power safely.

All can make 8-900 Plus... easy, but how long... with big blowers

TVs on 2013 is no joke

wheelhopper

Established Member
^probably a good idea for all street driven motors or if you can't afford to rebuild your race motor every season

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
Who cares ... turbo coyote is where its at!

I thought about building a coyote outlaw car. But I doubt I'd have the time to be able to get to more than 2 or 3 NMRA races. Not looking to invest that much money into something I can't use whenever I get free time.

Think I'm going to stick to a street car this time around.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
I thought about building a coyote outlaw car. But I doubt I'd have the time to be able to get to more than 2 or 3 NMRA races. Not looking to invest that much money into something I can't use whenever I get free time.

Think I'm going to stick to a street car this time around.

Oh I hear ya bud! I mean if my all motor street coyote car goes low 10s in outlaw trim. You better go mid 9s in your turbo street car! Heck KenB has a mid/low 9 second car that still runs on 19s haha.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I made 740 on pump gas before melting a few pistons.

I have another factory bottom end under it now. Only changes are ARP headstuds and a Melling billet oil pump. Shooting for 1,000 on race gas. Rev limiter is set at 6,000.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Just nearing the limits of pump gas. Pump gas builds too much heat in the chamber to make any real power for extended periods of time. If I had been running my meth at the time I might have been luckier.

Users who are viewing this thread