Like the look of the 96-98 Cobra hood but want a cowl?

Guido 04

Banned
Ok, first, I do not know which forum to put this in so hopefully it'll get a good response here. I am NOT doing this for profit, just trying to get a different hood made for us 94-98 guys. Over on corral.net I have about 5 people that are willing to fork up the cash to get this made, I believe I need atleast 10 people in on it.

Here are some very bad photoshopped pics...
hood.bmp

hood%202.jpg

As you can see it is basically a stock looking 96-98 cobra hood that will be lightweight and will have a 1-1.5" cowl on it. The stock 96-98 Cobra hoods would have a very slight lift but the wiper cowl is raised where it meets the hood. The hoods that will be made will go up at a slightly higher incline so that by the time it reaches the wiper cowl it will be raised...nothing ricey and not the cheesey Cobra R hood with the nostrils placed awkwardly in the center.
So....anybody in?

Guido 04

Banned
well for clearance, weight savings, and functionality. It gives you exactly what the Cobra R hood gives you, just without losing the originality of the cobra hood. I'm swapping ported 03 heads and a worked aviator intake manifold on the car and I need clearance but would like to stick with the stock hood. This is my solution :)

Guido 04

Banned
sLOWDOHC said:
dont like it...
ofcourse you wouldnt, you have the ballooned side vents and rear wheels that are a foot deep in the fenderwell. thanks for contributing to the thread though ;-)

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
hmm, interesting. i like the cobra r hood and the 96-98 hoods, but morphing them together.....is different.

marksvt

Established Member
Dude i'm in the same boat i really like both, but i like both on diffrent colors for example black i would stay with stock cobra hood but with white i would go 3' cobra r. But then there are some colors that look really good with both for example bab or chrome yellow,but i have never seen a mix in person might look good :shrug:

you know that's a good idea for someone who wants to stick a Kenne Bell style supercharger on that won't fit under the stock hood, or other large supercharger.

you might try Cervini's message boards and if you get enough people to support it, they would probably make it.

I'd like to see a 99 FR500 hood made, that would look sweet as hell and I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread