Like a Lightning?

MurphinAintEasy

Established Member
I'm trying to talk my wife into a Ford Lightning, but she won't go for it. She doesn't want a 2 door. So I started looking into HD F-150s. What are the major differences between them, do they have forged internals?

Dusten

Established Member
the engines are the same, with the exception that the HD run's 2 lbs less boost. The interiors are obviously very different. Like the lightning, the HD does not have what most would consider forged internals. Same transmission. the HD has different suspension i believe also.

Dusten

Established Member
lightnings don't have them either... both are good to about ~450rwhp on a stock block

Dusten

Established Member
nope. The pistons are forged, but the rods are not. the crank is good too. Like i said, lightnings and HD's are good to about 450hp for the most part, some get away with 500, but you're pushing it.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
nope. The pistons are forged, but the rods are not. the crank is good too. Like i said, lightnings and HD's are good to about 450hp for the most part, some get away with 500, but you're pushing it.

yup, they are some good rods away from "built"

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If you sat in each you would also know that the HD is awesome inside and blows the Lightning away. You wont be unhappy with either but taking family into account the HD sounds up your alley. You wont regreat it though:beer: I would love to have the older HD with two tone black/orange to match my CO Cobra....lol

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
Having owned both...I sold my Lightning because I needed a backseat. bought the HD because as stated it was the exact same as a lightning but with 4 doors. I have the exact same mods on both the L and HD but ran 3/10ths slower in the HD in the 1/8mile track due to the weight. HD's suspension is different than that L, the HD is basically stock but just lowered 2". The HD ride was smooth as silk if you ask me, The familly and I took it on many road trips and we were all very comfortable. I also easily fit 4 grown men in the truck during a 2.5 hour drive and no one complained about space.

Squidd

Established Member
what's different about the supercharger does the HD just have a different pulley giving it less boost?

Users who are viewing this thread