Lightweight bumper supports

whiteboyz79

I'll be your Huckleberry
Established Member
Like the title says, I'm trying to find those bumper supports. I thought Razors Edge was making them but I can't find any info on them. Pretty sure they are the same ones that cpu77 just sold.

whiteboyz79

I'll be your Huckleberry
Established Member
Nobody? Nothin? Dang....lets give her a little more publicity back at the top!

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
i have a brand new one that i bought from razor's edge a year ago but want to sell. if interested pm me. Its brand new never installed.

Cold Brew

Established Member
$200 to save 13 pounds? Not worth it. Go on a diet for a few weeks and lose 13 pounds.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
if i diet and lose 15lb.s, i will also save $200 , probably alot more ,on taco bell . what to do with all this excess cash?

WDW MKR

Established Member
I considered running the front support for better air-to-air intercooler clearance on a centri setup. However, I'm concerned about impact safety and trouble with insurance claims in the even of an accident. Anyone know if the supports would cause legal issues?

WDW MKR

Established Member
What about notching the front bumper support? This is necessary when running some custom air-to-air intercoolers. Seems that would still be safer than an aluminum tubing support. Cutting into that support is a real PIA, though. I chewed through several drill bits when mounting my remote oil filter and oil cooler.

whiteboyz79

I'll be your Huckleberry
Established Member
Cold Brew said:
$200 to save 13 pounds? Not worth it. Go on a diet for a few weeks and lose 13 pounds.

Well, I think it's 13#'s for the front only because Steeda states that the back support is good for a 13#+ savings. Either way it's expensive and I can't see myself trying to lose 26+ pounds. I think ANY place to shave weight on these cars is a good investment IMO. :shrug:

hawaiiancobra, thanks for the link! Never even thought to look on Steeda.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
I'd rather have a safe car than a light car....what if it screws up the`air bag sensors...etc....

whiteboyz79

I'll be your Huckleberry
Established Member
That's true, but if anything the bumpers being aluminum shouldn't hinder the airbag sensors. Maybe make them go off if your car gets hit by a shopping cart in a parking lot though!!

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
yeah I just bought the light weight front and rear bumper supports from cpu77 they are awesome and very light weight I will post up a picture of them. I have a vert and it is a heavy car so I wanted every last weight savings I could do so I am running the bumper supports front and rear , teksid allum. block,ac delete,mm tube k-member/a-arms,battery relocation kit to truck and there is more I just cant think of everything.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
P1250169.jpg

even has a place for my oil filter relocation
mynewmotorcobra-1.jpg

second one wasn't needed but I like to whore my pictures around plus I just figured out how to post pictures lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread