Lightning vs SRT8 Charger

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
After meeting up with a few local SVT guys for lunch. My friend (2003 Cobra) and I (2004 Lightning) were heading back to watch the Pats vs Colts at my house.

On the way back I notice a black Charger coming up fast on my friends Cobra. I slowed down to see if he wanted me but he went right for the Cobra. The Cobra putting down about 465rwhp took care of him, winning by at least 3 car lengths. I watched from behind so its an estimate.

He then wanted to give me a shot. We were cruising at about 60 and I gave him the wave to go. He took off and got almost a half-length on me. I quickly punched it, and by the end I had him by maybe 3 lengths.

We then line up again this time going from a 50 roll. He wanted to beep it off. He beeped 3 times and he got the jump on me, but not by much. I put it to the floor and once my KB opened up I soared past him. When I decided to shut it down, I had about 5-6 lengths on him.

By the sounds of it he had an exhaust but I am not sure. We pulled off to see if he would follow, but he kept on going.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
After meeting up with a few local SVT guys for lunch. My friend (2003 Cobra) and I (2004 Lightning) were heading back to watch the Pats vs Colts at my house.

On the way back I notice a black Charger coming up fast on my friends Cobra. I slowed down to see if he wanted me but he went right for the Cobra. The Cobra putting down about 465rwhp took care of him, winning by at least 3 car lengths. I watched from behind so its an estimate.

He then wanted to give me a shot. We were cruising at about 60 and I gave him the wave to go. He took off and got almost a half-length on me. I quickly punched it, and by the end I had him by maybe 3 lengths.

We then line up again this time going from a 50 roll. He wanted to beep it off. He beeped 3 times and he got the jump on me, but not by much. I put it to the floor and once my KB opened up I soared past him. When I decided to shut it down, I had about 5-6 lengths on him.

By the sounds of it he had an exhaust but I am not sure. We pulled off to see if he would follow, but he kept on going.

Very cool. What all do you have done to the truck ?

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Good kill, I dont think that charger driver knew who he was up against.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread