lightning vs. sprayed GTO

busakiller

Established Member
its still on pump gas btw. did the leakdown and compression test tonight. the rings are ready to rock. im going to try my hardest to turn the boost up next week.

LightningClint

Every Last DETAIL
Established Member
What is the boost at now? any dyno numbers for the break in tune or is it all street tuning? What do you expect from her hp/time wise.....and I thought those roads looked like a road we used to race on here in the gulf of mexico.

Last edited:

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Built 4l60e in the 'L' ??????? Those things usually can't handle a stock LS1 much less a fully fuilt Lightining motor and the logistics to swap just isn't worth it

Bird

busakiller

Established Member
What is the boost at now? any dyno numbers for the break in tune or is it all street tuning? What do you expect from her hp/time wise.....and I thought those roads looked like a road we used to race on here in the gulf of mexico.

1. 13-15psi

2. somewere around 640 i think, but dont really remember.

3. i need to get 1200rwhp to be satisfied

Last edited:

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Love the vid man. Im thinking about going turbo(and into dept) when i rebuilt my engine. I'm not sure if it's worth it though.

Not to be a douche but is that gto that quick or is you truck just tuned real safe or not up to it's full potential. I expected you to pull it on top. Fill me in man, im curious. I'm trying to see what cars your truck compares to from a roll that im familiar with.

busakiller

Established Member
Love the vid man. Im thinking about going turbo(and into dept) when i rebuilt my engine. I'm not sure if it's worth it though.

Not to be a douche but is that gto that quick or is you truck just tuned real safe or not up to it's full potential. I expected you to pull it on top. Fill me in man, im curious. I'm trying to see what cars your truck compares to from a roll that im familiar with.

truck is on low boost and pump gas. still have the blower converter in the truck which is way too tight so i cant get it spooled very easily. the GTO is no slouch either. if youre looking for something to compare to, the truck went 12.0@124 a couple of weeks ago at the track.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
with the tight converter you might wanan try riding the brakes a lil bit with your foot on the gas to get it to build boost... buddy of mine does this with his GN and it is DEADLY from a roll

Users who are viewing this thread