lightning vs scion tc

03 deadpool

Established Member
Back in april my buddy picked up a 99 lightning at a car auction for 5000$ i know i hate him too. it has 189000 miles came with a steggy blower lfp heat exchanger and intercooler tank long tubes and some other goodies including two blown headgaskets and almost no oil pressure. He sat on it for a few months not sure if he should sell it like every other cool car he has had in the last 10 years or fix it. Today we took it to lowes so he could buy a snow blower after loading up the blower and heading home we encountered a scion tc it sounded like a weed wacker as it passed us and gave a blip of the throttle. We were on a relatively dead strecth of fourlane asphalt so my buddy cuaght up to him and blipped the throttle back then they took off and we followed i could only hear was the whine of the eaton and when i checked to see where the scion was i could not see from the cloud of smoke comeing out the lightnings tailpipes after comeing back down to legal speeds the check engine light was flashing we had no oil pressure and could here something was not right the scion passed and was honking and giveing us thumbs ups. We nursed the old girl back to his house and it was clear we killed it but the good news was he said that was fun and i think im gonna put a gt500 motor in it, so all it took was killing a scion to make up his mind.

03 deadpool

Established Member
no hole in block. was running 15w40 diesel oil to help the oil pressure. going to gt500 powered or coyote swapped when the new motor goes in. probobly pulling motor this weekend.

03 deadpool

Established Member
He found a 2009 gt500 engine but he could get a new aluminator coyote engine for what they want for a used 45000 mile gt500 engine.

Users who are viewing this thread