lightning vs. harley

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
lol thiers always some punk kid who claimes he'll smoke you, but he'll never race. lol

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
Well...after having both and taking both to the track. I took my L to the track with same mods and set up and tune as my HD truck.

The L ran a 8.7 @ 90
The HD ran 8.9 @ 88

Not too far off but the L had more of a problem spinning, I know the HD had more weight but on the launch that can help you out a little bit as long as it is not too much. Both trucks are beasts though. I am soo glad that when I got rid of the L I was able to find a HD to replace it.

HalfTime

Established Member
Nice times, pretty close in the 8th. But to be honest, on the 1/4 mile thier would be at least a 1/2 second gap. But deff nice times for a HD. If I ever do for some reason have to sell my Lightning, you beter be damn sure I'm gonna find me a S/C HD! lol

SVORay

Established Member
HalfTime said:
If I ever do for some reason have to sell my Lightning, you beter be damn sure I'm gonna find me a S/C HD! lol

I needed something I could stick my son in besides the back seat of a stang. It's a PITA with a car seat and I also wanted a truck. So I started looking around for something I could still have some fun with seeing how my stang was turbocharged. So I thought about an L but didn't like the idea of my son in the front seat. One day I was driving by the dealerships and spotted the HD. I knew some HD's was S/C but didn't know how to tell. As I was leaving the lot, I noticed the badge said Supercharged. It was perfect, I could haul my son easier than in the stangs and it was supercharged :rockon: Now I just needed my wife's aproval...she sat in the truck for 5 seconds and said ok :bowdown: Now we got something we both can drive (she can't drive a stick). She has an 04' Tahoe but it's nice to have something she can drive when her truck needs work done.

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
My Harley-Davidson will romp my Lightning up to about 100 mph, but then My L will just run away from my H-D. The engine in my H-D is built, and is putting down 93hp and weighs just over 500 pounds, since a lot of stuff has been stripped off and all the aluminum parts that were added. But my L is not that far behind and they are both a blast!

34007-1245-29017.jpg

HalfTime

Established Member
MAT2CH said:
My Harley-Davidson will romp my Lightning up to about 100 mph, but then My L will just run away from my H-D. The engine in my H-D is built, and is putting down 93hp and weighs just over 500 pounds, since a lot of stuff has been stripped off and all the aluminum parts that were added. But my L is not that far behind and they are both a blast!

34007-1245-29017.jpg

When I read "and is putting down 93hp" I thought, typo, then I read "and weighs just over 500 pounds" I thought, WTF is going on here? lol I get it now though, lol Thanks for the picture or all week I would be trying to figure this out. lol

Users who are viewing this thread