Lightning vs. a fast diesel

Kingcobramike

Established Member
so i was at the drag strip happy with my run ([email protected]) when this big four door Dodge Diesel pulls up in the other lane. He started saying that he was so fast and could take me. He even showed his time slip saying he ran a 13.1@110 which is great for where i live. So when i got up to the line as luck would have it I got to race him. From the line I spun hard but was still right with him then i just pulled away and had about 2 cars on him. On my slip it said he ran a 16. somthing. So im not sure where he got his low times on his other time slip. I never saw him again that day. I was still proud to have beaten a 4 door dodge hehe.:)

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by 03CobraBro
lol 13.1 and then he ran a 16... He was probably saying "The humanity!!" as you sped on down the strip.

Rather, "the horror, the horror."
(apocalypse now:thumbsup: )

Kingcobramike

Established Member
yea
my elevation is like over a mile i dont remember it exactly. so out here a 12 second car is really fast hehe.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
There is a Chevy Duramax Diesel around here...and that son of a gun is pretty fast

Kingcobramike

Established Member
oh
on the diesal stuff, there is a company out of denver who has a low 13 sec duramax and a high 12 sec dodge diesel. im running low 14s now so i hope i dont catch one of them.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
My dad has a 7.3 powerstroke in his F250....I can safely say it wouldn't beat my L...lol

Kingcobramike

Established Member
yea really
but this company has twin turbos and propane injection on there 24 valve diesal. its crazy to watch the smoke pour out of the exaust pipe.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I watched a segment on HP T.V. I think that was about Diesel Performance....Nitrous, Propane, Chips, Exhaust, Turbos, those Diesels have some major Torque potential

03CobraBro

Established Member
Damn, those are some quick ass diesels your guys speak of... any of em Dually's? Thats hard to beleive but cool as hell... Imagine pulling up to the light against some guy in a Z28 or something like that in your 12 second cummins lol.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I know the guy around here with the quick durmax is a dually AND 4wd.....I haven't raced him but I was behind him in town one day and he stomped it...I did the same right after and it wasn't that much of a catching up I did....

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
A good friend has one of the new Chevy Dura max Diesel turned a 14.8 bone stock, well almost. The dumb ass put skinnys on the front. looked so funny! Watch out 94-98 gt's.

Oh yeah nice Kill! Ive seen the old grab a 13 sec time slip and fake like you ran it before b.s. Next time he might be one of the rare people who can claim being struck by lightning twice.

Last edited:

exprog50

Established Member
The dragstrip I go to in Mooresville N.C. thats 1/8 of a mile track there is this powerstroke diesal with a smokestack in the bed of the truck and it was doing a low 8 sec and mustang GT were doing high 8's. I was like WTF.

Prolly if it was a 1/4 mile the GT would catch up but the powerstroke beat it on the first 1/8th

Users who are viewing this thread