Lightning vs 07 GT

old guys rule

Red Blown Sled
Established Member
Yesterday between rain storms here in central texas I was going to a customers house in the L. 2 women in a silver 07 GT were right on my bumper as I headed out of Copperas Cove on Hwy 190. When we hit the Hwy they gassed it and went around me, as we went through traffic I kinda stayed right with them. When we finally cleared the last vehicle she downshifts it and nails it. She started about 3 lengths in front of me and had the hit. I kick the Lightning down and move to the left lane. I was making up ground and the faster we went, the faster I was making up ground. I thought she would back off but she just stayed in it. I looked at the speedo and it was buried (Dont like to do top end pulls with the 6lber on there). I blew by finally and then backed off. suprising me she pulls up next to me and gave a thumbs up and said Bas ass truck man, i returned the thumbs up and said good run. On a side note these women were probably in thier 30's. Is this what it has come down to Mom out racing Dads Mustang. I was suprised at how well the GT ran on top end. I know it had exhaust as for other mods maybe. It was a lot of fun though. Who ever you 2 girls are if you are on this forum here's a big thumbs up for you.:thumbsup:

Drewzilla

Established Member
haha that's awesome! Sounds like you had a good time. I'm pretty impressed with the gt's performance but....I'm more suprised that it was 2 women and she was actually racing and not just flying around. Most of the time if I see a women driving a gt, m3 or a pretty quick sports car, they just fly around and dont really pay anybody any attention. The fact that she downshifted, ran the car hard and THEN gave you a thumbs up is sweet. Good run!

bmfgsxr

Established Member
yeah, that is cool shit man.. good run, and to run down any sports car at top end in the flying brick is badass. (i recently sold my flying brick unfortunately).

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
32V NACobra said:
:nono: You need to pay more attention next time:-D Around here most of the SN197's are driven by women;-)

s197 lol not SN197... :coolman:

To OP...that's great. It's cool to see chicks racing....I hardly ever see them doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread