LightNing v. Cobra exhaust

UVa SVT

Established Member
just something I thought up for discussion... how come cobras respond so much more favorably to headers/catback/etc than lightnings do? I hear it's worthless for an L to have exhaust (except looks and sound) unless in extremely High HP, whereas the cobras have it as part of their "big 4" mod list, cause it's a huge bang for the buck?

just curious :shrug:

-Mike

UVa SVT

Established Member
hmm, simple as pie! thanks larry

I just cant see those disgusting looking stock manifolds doing much, but I guess it's what's on the inside that counts :)

-Mike

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Mike when I removed my stock exhaust manifolds I couldn't believe how small they were. But headers won't do much until you start heavily modding. :burnout:

diablolightning

Established Member
I agree an x pipe and catback on my buddy's 03 layed 410rwhp.

My friend and neighbor works at Dallas Mustang (DMP) and worked on an 03 Cobra. he did a CAT BACK,95MM MAF, Chip and L pulley and he layed about 455 wyahp (Whoop Yo ASS Horse Power) to the wheels.

Amazing also how their bottom end is much better many are running 10s and 9s. 9s with an automatic in some cases.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Originally posted by diablolightning
I
Amazing also how their bottom end is much better many are running 10s and 9s. 9s with an automatic in some cases.
yeah wish we had the bottom end like they do, deff should have thought of that back in 99
kinda surprised they didnt do it in 03

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
yeah then factor in a new set of pistons(might as well do them while your in there) some new rings and the labor to do it all

Users who are viewing this thread