Lightning trans issue

lightningharry

hello fellow lightning owners.. i just bought an 01 with 85k miles. Love everything about it.. I am have one issue though. The truck shifts fine at normal throttle and firm at half throttle, but at WOT the truck does not shift... It looks like it may have previously had a flash tuner but i'm not sure... I am thinking about buying an sct tuner and trying to adjust the shift firmness/ and shit points... Has anyone had similar issues. Any advice is appreciated.. thanks - harry

PaulthePUNISHER

Established Member
hello fellow lightning owners.. i just bought an 01 with 85k miles. Love everything about it.. I am have one issue though. The truck shifts fine at normal throttle and firm at half throttle, but at WOT the truck does not shift... It looks like it may have previously had a flash tuner but i'm not sure... I am thinking about buying an sct tuner and trying to adjust the shift firmness/ and shit points... Has anyone had similar issues. Any advice is appreciated.. thanks - harry

What gear doesnt shift under hard throttle??? Lemme guess ,2nd gear??

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
So if you floor it from a go, it wont shift into second? Or from second on, it won't shift?

lightningharry

1st to second, second to third, third to fourth, fourth to fifth. At wot it doesnt shift.. i have to ease off the gas abit then it shifts, Really hard

Last edited:

StiEtr

Established Member
1st to second, second to third, third to fourth, fourth to fifth. At wot it doesnt shift.. i have to ease off the gas abit then it shifts, Really hard

Didn't know lightnings had 5th gear......

Could be in the tune, or a TPS sensor could cause that. Not likely though.

Death to all DROIDS!

Users who are viewing this thread