Lightning traction improvement!!?

light_svt_mex

Established Member
Hello everyone I would like to know how to improve the traction when starting, cuz everytime I go to the track it get overspinned and it makes a time loose, I would also like to ask if somebody has a wiring diagram of a performance module or chip, like venom, or diablo, or any other Thanks!! :rolling:

Dusten

Established Member
there are a lot of things to do to your lightning, but first what kind of mods do you have?
IF you don't have traction bars, a set of those and a set of sticky drag radial type tires will go a long ways

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
+1 on the t-bars.

Also, judicious application of the go-peddle (a.k.a. the "driver mod") on the street, and even at the track depending on how well its prepped.

light_svt_mex

Established Member
there are a lot of things to do to your lightning, but first what kind of mods do you have?
IF you don't have traction bars, a set of those and a set of sticky drag radial type tires will go a long ways

Well there are several but easy, smaller supercharger pulley, it gives about 4psi more than stock, also spark plugs NGK, electric fan, lower temp top radiator, vacuum valve for supercharger, and distilled water for lower temperature.
Recently I have cleaned the supercharger intercooler, I guess my truck it had not done that before, also I have installed a module of current stabilizer and a high flow filter and I have a set of Michelin tires, I have already read about traction bars, but here in mexico are a little difficult to find, so I think it would be better to build by myself, by the way I have seen some pictures of the bars, they are easy to install and easy to do by any people who work with iron or any other metal, do you have any picture of bars to see if they are the same as I have seen? and to see how they are installed:
Thanks a lot!

Dusten

Established Member
I had bars built by a local fab shop. I showed him a picture of the bars that exist and had them built for my applications.

light_svt_mex

Established Member
I had bars built by a local fab shop. I showed him a picture of the bars that exist and had them built for my applications.

Do you have some pictures of the bars that you can send me? so I can take to the fab too, and get an idea of how to install it, or if you know of some webpage where I could find some pictures of the t-bars, Thanks!

Dusten

Established Member
if you do a search on here im sure you'll find more pictures than you know what to do with haha

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
LFP Longbars work great but can be pricy and 60's will improve with a set good drag radial/slicks.
PC130676.jpg

PC130674.jpg

PC130670.jpg

Good bang for your buck, I used a set of slappers upto 500Rwhp worked pretty damn well. Anything over that kind of horsepower I was breaking the uprgraded washer/bolts/brackets that I beefed up.
P2270218.jpg

P6040652.jpg

P6040644.jpg

And a set of these work well.. Nitto 305/45/18r
PA060634.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread