Lightning struck my lightning

wayboarder

Established Member
No kidding 5 minutes ago Lightning struck my roomates motorcycle which was in the back of my truck, and arced across to the truck....Sparks everywhere. Gonna wait till it stops pouring to make sure everything is ok with it.

How ironic is that....

wayboarder

Established Member
God im hopeful. Kinda worried about the fuses but i heard that vehicles are designed to take hits from lightning. I think one of the internet videos had a golf or something in a man made lightning strike with a guy in it and everything worked fine.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Lightning is a weird thing. I had it strike an apartment that was just in the same block as mine and it took out my computer and one of my televisions. Luckily I have a good insurance company and it was all replaced.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
BACK_TO_THE_FUTURE-0.jpg

Seriously... hope everything is OK. Good luck.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Hope it's not bad. Vehicles are insulated from the ground by the tires, aircraft are specifically designed to handle and dissipate lightning but they still get damaged by it.

wayboarder

Established Member
Well truck is good to go. No blown fuses. Starts up and idles fine. Checked the voltage on the battery, good to go. The honda in the bed however will not start. Well, im taking it over to the bike shop today anyways to get the tires replaced, got an extra thing for them to fix now...

Stinger2007

Established Member
do you realize what is now happened? U can honostly claim that your L is one of a kind.

Gees! The value of your truck has just shot through the roof, "no punn intended"

Ur lighting has just been baptized, it's now an Authentic lightning worthy of those badges.

hope all is ok. :)

SADF

Established Member
Lightning struck right next to my truck years ago. I was working at AutoZone and lightning struck inches from the truck and just about everyone in the store saw it.

Users who are viewing this thread