lightning pulley dyno results!

46stang

Established Member
I wanted to get a chip but the tuner couldn't do my 03 yet. so i did get the A/F checked. i ended up making 425 rwhp and 442rwtq:) the only mods i have are the south florida pulley(2.93)lightning. and a K&N filter in the stock box! The A/F ratio was lean on the bottom but seemed to be ok on the top end. I will get a chip soon! this car is awesome:) there was some chevy guys at the dyno place! you should have seen there mouths drop! the car is so quiet! then they asked man what mods do you have? i said a pulley and filter! I've spent about $235 in mods! the look on their face was priceless:) basically the pulley gave me 53rwhp and 86rwtq!!! and those are only the peak numbers!! the whole graph is much fatter!
Leon
here's the pullied graph link:

Last edited:

Cobra'03

Established Member
Sweet! What do you think the A/F should be down low ? Looks ok to me - what #'s would be better in your opinion. and why?

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Awesome man!!! Time to update your sig ;-) What kind of chip do you plan to use and was the pulley install all that difficult?

jtfx6552

Established Member
46stang
Great results. I have been waiting to see what the pulley alone would do.

I downloaded your two graphs and overlayed and adjusted them in photoshop to get both curves on the same graph with almost the exact same scale (at least the HP and torque parts, didn't bother with the a/f section). If you give me your e-mail address I can send it to you to post.
JT

Last edited:

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
I thought that the Upper pulley (Lightning) only gives 3lbs more boost?? To get 4, you also had to install the bottom.
In your sig, you state you got 4 from just the Upper, Is this right??

If I'm wrong, please tell me.......

46stang

Established Member
Cobra'03: on a blown car most tuners like to keep it as close to 12-1 and as straight of a line as possible! on the bottom end it goes as lean as 15-1. when it's that lean you have a better chance of your car pinging! if it where that high on the top end i would be in trouble! he said it should be fine for know!

jtfx6552: [email protected] thats cool! I'll post it when you send it! thanks! i appreciate it:)

Robertson Racin: the upper gives 4- 41/2 lbs of extra boost! they don't make a lower pulley for us yet. just the "L" boys. This is in the heat of summer as well so when it gets cooler it may give an extra lb or 2!

COBRyan: I want to get an autologic chip, mostly because it worked well on my last car.
it took about an hour to install, but only because i had a different style puller. if you get the kind they recommend using i can't imagine it taking more than 30 min. with that tool! I'll change the sig. now:D :)
Leon

Users who are viewing this thread