Lightning Part List

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
ok guys....gals... whoever, doesnt matter anyways its getting closer to that season where i get alot of stuff or as most of us know it... xmas... anyways i want to redo the motor on my L i want the best stuff for 6000 or less... what i mean by this is what is the total ammount of stuff i can get with 6000 that includes blower... should i have my stock eaton polished and ported? or should i get a KB at like 15 lbs of boost? what pulleys should i get? should i get forged internals? what kind of exhaust should i get that sounds good.... not to interested in HP gains outta the exhaust i just want headers and everything... for sound purposes. the reason im saying 6000 is because i dont really wanna invest more than that because when the NEW L comes out i dont know if i will still have this truck so i wanna keep investments low for now... so a list of all the best parts would be good. so far what i have is similar to this

KB twin screw 15lbs
accufab single oval blade TB maybe ill go with billet flow :p
i dont know which SC pulley to get...
i dont know which lower pulleys to get...
manley rods?
JE pistons?
diablo flash tuner
magnaflow entire exhaust system headers back...
C&L true flow inlet pipe or i might go with JDM inlet
FTVB replacement ?
i already have a intake... K&N with custom MAF adapter

anything else and specific part names i should go with would greatly appreciated

ShaneN.

Established Member
i've spent just about 7 grand now CAD on mine. that includes things like shipping, taxes, install, etc on all the stuff i got (if it was shipped) i WISH i had 6k USD to walk into a store and start buying parts, it'd go a lot further. have fun with that!!

ShockTherapy

Established Member
What are your goals for the truck? We need to know that to recommend parts.

Knowing what I know now, if I had to do it over again, here's what I would do.

My goal, 425-450RWHP would = these parts.

1) Lakewood traction bars - $100

2) ET Streets on some stock Ford 16" aluminum wheels - $400

3) FTVB with 4x4 pan - $275

4) KB supercharger (or maybe the new Whipple), pullied on the KB for 14-15psi boost (leaving stock caged pulley on the truck.) - $3000

5) Predator with custom dyno tune - $500

6) PSP or JLP CAI kit - $250?

That is all I would buy. That would = roughly 450RWHP at a cost of approx. $4500. That combo would get you low 12's, if not a high 11 on a nice day. Add a used stall converter for $300-500 to get some good 60' times and you'll turn low 12's in the summer heat.

Just my .02

ShockTherapy

Established Member
Originally posted by IllestSVT
Or you could just buy some sick ass HRE's :lol:

lol....thanks

I already bought most all my performance mods before I got those. My goal right now is to turn a 12 on my 20's the next time I hit the 1/4.

-Shawn

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
Originally posted by ShockTherapy
lol....thanks

I already bought most all my performance mods before I got those. My goal right now is to turn a 12 on my 20's the next time I hit the 1/4.

-Shawn

Almost same goal here... 12's on 22's....

shouldn't be an issue with 500/600???

Users who are viewing this thread