LIGHTNING LARRY

speeder

Established Member
Hey LARRY

I was just wondering how you like the electric fan and water pump so far?, did you notice a difference in power or throttle response?, it doesn`t look like I will have my fan kit installed by dyno day, I don`t have a garage to work in and its to cold (and wet) outside to do it right now.

Larry.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by speeder
Hey LARRY

I was just wondering how you like the electric fan and water pump so far?, did you notice a difference in power or throttle response?, it doesn`t look like I will have my fan kit installed by dyno day, I don`t have a garage to work in and its to cold (and wet) outside to do it right now.

Larry.

I love it. I installed the #4 lower pulley at the same time and JDM reburned my Superchip. The truck screams!! Very responsive. The stock fan and cast waterpump weigh a bunch. I'm very happy with the results. The JDM fan kit is very sweet, with great and easy to follow directions.
JDM gets :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Larry, you and I know have the same mods, except you got the long tubes. Maybe one day I will go for those. I have the old water pump and fan in my garage and yah they are way heavy. It eliminates a good amount of rotating mass off the engine.

Horsepower is addictive!

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Larry, you and I know have the same mods, except you got the long tubes. Maybe one day I will go for those. I have the old water pump and fan in my garage and yah they are way heavy. It eliminates a good amount of rotating mass off the engine.

Horsepower is addictive!

Adam, you are so right. I've always had fast toys, cars, trucks,Harleys. But this truck is somehow different. I already want the 6lb. lower pulley and a 100 shot.
It's my new drug. I need a fix. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Adam, you are so right. I've always had fast toys, cars, trucks,Harleys. But this truck is somehow different. I already want the 6lb. lower pulley and a 100 shot.
It's my new drug. I need a fix. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Larry you had me agreeing with the "fast" comment until you mentioned Harleys. I like Harleys a lot but they are far from fast!

I will say I haven't riden a V-Rod yet. But I watched the hour long show on its development the other night and I was impressed.

On looks and that show alone I am now interested in riding one. I might have to swap one V or the other V. My V-Max for their V-Rod.

:uh oh:

sonichog

Established Member
don't do it...

Do yourself a favor don't be sellin' that Vmax for any Vrod as the Vrod is not all it's cracked up to be - another one of Harley's famous AD ploys don't fall for it Bro...

I have a friend who has one and is sellin' it cause it flat out sucks (his words and discription) he ought to know he rides it...

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Cool thanks. I love my V-Max. It is awesome and the power is actually more than I can handle at WOT. The thing just comes out from underneath me. But it is a joy to ride too. It was just that the one long program made it sound too good to be true. I guess I need more info, but thanks your input helps a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread