Lightning is acting crazy

redz_02

Established Member
Go to start my lightning today and it goes heywire. When I unlock the doors they keep trying to unlock and so on. It won't even try to crank unless I have jumper cables on it and then it does the useless clicks. I am reading over 12 volts from the battarie.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Reading voltage on a lead acid battery is not a good way to tell if it's good or not. It would show if you had a dead cell but not the state of charge.

Check the terminals for corrosion and security also. You don't have any mods do you? If you have a chip make sure it's secure as well.

redz_02

Established Member
I could check the amps but just decided that I'm gonna make a autozone run. Just confused me b/c it would act totally different when I was jumping it. Still has the Motorcraft batt. No chip, have a predator tune.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
redz_02 said:
I could check the amps but just decided that I'm gonna make a autozone run. Just confused me b/c it would act totally different when I was jumping it. Still has the Motorcraft batt. No chip, have a predator tune.
Next time buy a cheap (clamp type) amp meter. Just hook it to the HV. Not the best way, but it will give you an idea what might be going on.
Jeff

morrison_205

Established Member
bad ground cables and/or terminal connectors. had a similar problem with an F150 i had for a work truck. do you get acid built up on the terminals? do you have a stereo hooked up?

Users who are viewing this thread