Lightning having some issues...

Ihearya

Pikey
Established Member
The Lightning is having some kind of problem whenever you get on it. Driving everyday normal speeds.. it runs perfectly. Whenever you get on it though, its real choppy and kind "sputters". THe supercharger almost sounds "muffled". I had the Fuel filter replaced and it ran good for about 2 weeks. NOw its back to doin the same exact thing it was doing before. The truck has right at 80,000 miles on the clock & the air filter is cleaned on a regular basis. Is it time for new sparkplugs? Just trying to get some ideas.. or see if anyone else has had this problem. :shrug:

87vertgt

Da Bears!
Established Member
I had that exact problem....I swapped the plugs...that wasnt it...then swapped the coil packs and it took care of it....runs smooth now...or did......;-(

'01 Bolt

Close The Borders!!
Established Member
having same problem .. started today.. could be bad gas.. gonna run out this tank and then start the elimination process if it doesn't fix it on next tank.

Ihearya

Pikey
Established Member
I've ruled out the bad gas, since I go through a tank in about 3 days. So I've gone through quite a few tanks. I am gonna try to the plugs this weekend, and then the coil pak if I have to. Thanks for the ideas & I'll keep you guys updated.

Users who are viewing this thread