Lightning Guilty of Ricer Fly-by

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
So, I take the STi work today. Its 430AM, light traffic on 95 South into DC.
A Red Lightning in the fast lane going about 75-80. He is pacing a dlievery truck in the #2 lane, but far enough behind it that I can squeeze in front of him without it being "too close". After I pass him, he is now hugging my bumper as we pass the delivery truck. Still with me, so I put it in 3rd and punch it. He hangs close, but is fading gradually as we approach 120. After I pulled about 75yrds on him, I shut down, signal over, and move right. He just blazes on. I had to exit, or I would have caught back up for a second run.

I hated doing that to him in a 4 cylinder. I would have felt better about beating him in the Cobra, but he did ask for it :beer:

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
Nice.

STIs are fast lil fockers. I tangled with a 300+ whp one recently. I pulled him but it wasn't easy. AWD and a good power/weight ratio make those things cook.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I swear if I didn't have my Mach I'd buy a STI.

There's a guy cruisin around here with and nicely moded STI. We stare at each other every time we pass in the opposite direction. One day we're gonna be going in the same dirrection, then we'll see.

95 and the Capitol beltway suck the big wiener, full of pot holes and random bumps.

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
Mr. Mach-ete said:
95 and the Capitol beltway suck the big wiener, full of pot holes and random bumps.

Thats why I haven't driven the Cobra to work since I got the STI. It scrapes everywhere (Longtubes and H&Rs)

bp03svt

Established Member
OhOneSnake said:
Thats why I haven't driven the Cobra to work since I got the STI. It scrapes everywhere (Longtubes and H&Rs)

Good kill. Do you have the H&R SS's? How much ground clearence to you have with long tubes?

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
Yeah, its got SS springs. I plan on swapping to the race ones. I haven't taken a ruler to it, but I can barely fit a fist under the headers from the ground (SLP)

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Wasn't me....I swear it....'cuz I'm in Baghdad.

There are a few red L's floating around in my neck of the woods (home is just off Little River Turnpike in Annandale).

"95 and the Capitol beltway suck the big wiener, full of pot holes and random bumps...."

Infested with a bunch of amateur drivers, too. They will die for a car length, and run yield signs on a merge ramp.

Last time I was home, I got off a side street in Great Falls, MD, and merged onto 495Nfrom a 2-lane onramp.
It was raining, and the fockhead in an MR2 decided to gun it and pass me from the right (and behind) ...just before the 2-lane turned to a 1-lane merge. I saw another idiot behind him in my mirror ready to do the same trick.
A small mash on the gas pedal spun the tires and raised a rooster tail of spray, yawing the tail of the truck....the lady-friend got off her cell long enough to give me an earful. It was worth it, though.

Dumbasses got the hint. :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread