Lightning Experts Please!!

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
Do You Guys Recommend A Daily Driven L To Be (Pullied) and Tuned? :??: What are the Cons of Doing This To A Daily Driven L, Because I Really Want To Get Into Building My L up better by Summer Time with the engine. (By The Way My L is a 04)..Help Me Out Guys..Thanks

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
If you know of a reputable tuner and you have all the supporting mods then a pulley and tuned truck will be fine for a dependable daily driver.

LSUstang05

Established Member
My Lightning is pullied with a 4# lower, tuned, and daily driven to school and work every day. It has perfect street manners (even with the FTVB on it) and I couldn't ask for much more. I have no issues with heat or anything else, either.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
There are DD trucks out there with a twin screw on top of the motor.

I ran mine pullied and Whippled for 3 years with zero issues.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
my truck has been pullied since i bought it...sadly the original owner didnt leave a tune on it so the motor went south. However since I had it put back together its still remained pullied and is now Magnum Powers boosted and tuned..not one issue.

And yes mine is a true daily driver and is used as a work truck

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
As long as the tune is good, like from ATS, you'll be more then fine and safe.

And What's With Using A Capital Leter In Front Of Every Word? Damn That Makes It Wierd To Read.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Big difference in tourqe manipulation with a diff converter. You'll not regret it. But it's not a must have unless you're really built, or take it to the track alot.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
so a converter is really that worth it? ive hear the stocker is just fine :shrug:

i never got to see how hard it would actually launch on street tires but put it this way...

before i could stall it up on the converter and just let off the brake and not blow the tires off... once the stall went it i did the same thing and it turned out very very smokie. it allows you to launch right at the start of your powerband

but why are you asking here? according to you there is no tech on this site.

Last edited:

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
see my sig. not a L but the L's big brother...LOL. It is daily driven, mixed highway and city, taken on long road trips, taken down the strip many times...summer or winter driving, hauled off yard waste and cut up tress...all with the mods you see in sig.

See where you are located, after you mod it, take it to Amazon Tuning Solutions located in Anderson, SC just off of I-85. They are about 20 minutes away from Clemson University if that gives you a better idea of location.

chrisheltra

Established Member
see my sig. not a L but the L's big brother...LOL. It is daily driven, mixed highway and city, taken on long road trips, taken down the strip many times...summer or winter driving, hauled off yard waste and cut up tress...all with the mods you see in sig.

+1 To what he said I have quite a few more mods and drive mine everyday.

Its all in the tune.

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member

See where you are located, after you mod it, take it to Amazon Tuning Solutions located in Anderson, SC just off of I-85. They are about 20 minutes away from Clemson University if that gives you a better idea of location.

yeah it wouldn't take me long to get there at all..yeah i haul things a lot, that is why i am scared to get it lowered also, because of the roads around here..kinda crappy use of tax money if you ask me

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Mine was DD for over 25k+ miles.

Kb 2.3 17# of boost, with a 5# lower and a 3" upper.
Never any issues.

just make sure like others say, you have a good tuner.

LSUstang05

Established Member
ATS tuned with a converter and if it wasnt for the gas prices i would have DD'ed it more. perfect street maners

I can attest to this. I've ridden in, now, Vince's Lightning more than a few times and you can't even tell it has a converter in it unless he really floors it and it flashes.

busakiller

Established Member
if its tuned properly, it wont be a problem. i recommend being extremely picky about where you buy your gas though. just my opinion.

02red

Established Member
i ran mine for a about a year with no issue... it was pullied and tune with other mods... tune by psi... but i have a street and a race tune..

Users who are viewing this thread