lightning engine trouble

aleonard

hey im new, i have an 03 lightning, 6lb. lower pulley, plenim, throttle body, boostin right around 15lb on the gauge, bassani x-pipe with no cats, NGK TR6 plugs, got mail order tune from amazon. Before i had all these bolt ons, blew up 1st first motor, bought new dealer 04' motor... dont hate me haha, just had head gaskets replaced, and now im getting a "chugg chugg chugg" noise while accelerating, any input??? must appreciated, Thanks.

Last edited:

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
post your question on lightningrodder.com with more information and im sure we can help you out.... nothing wrong with svtp, just doesnt get much lightning traffic these days

EDITED

Last edited:

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
so i just need a new mail order tune you think?

Well, it's possible it could be the tune, but with the limited info you gave, there are a multitude of possibilities I could throw back at you. Is there a CEL? Is it more of a ticking noise? When the head gaskets were replaced, its possible the manifolds weren't securely tightened resulting in an exhaust leak. Is this new problem resulting in a loss of power? The more info you can provide, the better the chance of someone figuring out the problem :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread