Lightning encounter with '69 Mach 1

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
The wife and I were going to take the bike to OC for breakfast this AM, dead battery. Back up plan, take the Lightning! I'm not five miles from my house, about to make a left turn, and I notice a NICE 69-70 Mustang smokin up on me. Now, I really never get any action in the L as I live out in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE so I was really hoping something would come of this. I put on my blinker, so does he. F'n SWEET! As we make the left, I know that this road is about two miles, totally straight; a perfect place to run. I start to ease onto the gas as I finish my turn, I check the mirror to see him just pull into the oncoming lane, which was totally empty. Its go time! I put my foot through the grill and let the 4R70W take it from there! He had hit the go pedal too at the same time starting from about .5 car back. The blower is screaming and the wife is lovin it! I stay on it till about 105-110, the Mustang is .5 - 1 car back, right where we had started. He flew by me and then pulled over to chat.

Super nice guy. He had a grey polo shirt on with a badge embroidered onto it - CRAP! But it was just dept. of corrections. Turns out the car is a '69 Mach 1, 351 Cleveland, "aftermarket aluminum intake and heads with a nice cam" and some decent MT drag radials. It was cherry red and black, looked and sounded killer. He asked if I was stock, I said 'pretty much.' I think he was surprised the L put up such a good fight - I kinda was too! :thumbsup:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Sounds like a good time, I never get any action in my Lightning except for ricers trying to race in traffic.

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
Good run. Glad to hear about other lightnings out there reminding people that they aren't just trucks. They are bad ass trucks

Users who are viewing this thread