Light weight wheels that look good?

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
I was looking to change up the rims on my mustang. However this time instead of pure looks I was wanting to look at some lighter wheel options.

The only ones that come to mind that save over 5 lbs a wheel are the steeda ultra lite and ford racing boss 302r rims.

Just curious to see what other light weight rim options there are.

Thanks, Josh

Last edited:

chao5.0

Established Member
if you don't want to spend over 2k for a set of wheels you have enkei pf01's in 18" and they weigh around 20lbs. a wheel if you stay under 10" wide, even at 18"x10" they weigh 22.xxlbs.

Cuco5.0

Established Member
If you have Brembo wheels, you are looking at a significant drop in weight as they weigh 32lbs. Our 19x8.5 weigh 19.8 lbs and 19x10 23.2.

D.T.R

Established Member
I think this is a very interesting thread, as I'm also looking for the same thing.
Enkeis are definitely my top choice so far... and they're aren't all that expensive...

How much do the 18x8 stock wheels weigh?

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
the better question is how much money do you want to spend. forgeLINE (not star) makes a great monoblock that is pretty light ~$1500/wheel. light wheels = $$$$

blkstang302

Established Member
AMR

Good price, good look, weighs a little less than stock i believe

can be found at americanmuscle.com

rtr and forgeline are also good

sloppymax

Established Member
I think this is a very interesting thread, as I'm also looking for the same thing.
Enkeis are definitely my top choice so far... and they're aren't all that expensive...

How much do the 18x8 stock wheels weigh?

I have been told the 18X8 OEM wheel is 26lbs.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Do you want 18's or 19's? If you are actually more interested in funtion over form then 18's will net you are larger weight savings, cost less, and provide you with more/better tire options.

Enkei makes great lightweight options. Forgestars are pretty light. Kosei makes light offerings. Since we have a 5x114 bolt pattern that gives us a wide range of wheels to choose from. Alot of the Japanese offerings are light and strong; Rays/Volk, Advan, Work, Wedssport, GramLights.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
they are real bbs.

They are a real ripoff because they are designated "Ford Racing". You can buy wheels just as light or lighter and the same strength for 1/3-1/2 the price. Don't get me wrong I love my BBSs, I've owned many sets of RSs and LMs. But those just don't make the cut.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
^definitely an awesome option. Considered putting those on my STI before selling it.

D.T.R

Established Member
Do you want 18's or 19's? If you are actually more interested in funtion over form then 18's will net you are larger weight savings, cost less, and provide you with more/better tire options.

Enkei makes great lightweight options. Forgestars are pretty light. Kosei makes light offerings. Since we have a 5x114 bolt pattern that gives us a wide range of wheels to choose from. Alot of the Japanese offerings are light and strong; Rays/Volk, Advan, Work, Wedssport, GramLights.
Yup, 5x114 FTMFW

Those are not bad, but Enkei RPF1s cost about the same, weigh the same, and IMO look better.

Users who are viewing this thread